Apprentice Commis Chef Boquerones Tapas & Cocktails
The apprentice will be responsible for providing support within a professional kitchen, helping to ensure a high standard of food hygiene and safety, whilst also performing a range of practical duties, including preparing ingredients, making meals, managing stock and any other duties required by the head chef.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
26 Sep 2021
26 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role includes the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintaining a high cleaning standard and ensuring the best food practises and kitchen hygiene protocols are adhered to
- Maintaining food hygiene documents in accordance with regulations
- Serving food to order under time constraints
- Assist in operating commercial cooking equipment such as hobs, food processors and fryers and preparing the kitchen for service
- Preparing meal ingredients
- Preparing menu items, most particularly at quieter times to develop skills in service
- Developing food knowledge and knowledge of menu items
- Receiving deliveries and verifying that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality
- Taking inventory of restaurant supplies and notifying the supervisor of low or depleted supplies
- Discarding all expired and spoiled food items stored in the stock rooms, refrigerators, and freezers
- Performing basic cleaning duties and ensuring that work stations are properly sanitized
- Plating and presenting meal items as per the Chef/s instructions
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work take and retain directions from senior kitchen staff
- Willingness to contribute to the development of new menu ideas
- A flair for cooking and presenting food to a high standard
- Ability to focus on attention to detail
- High standards of personal presentation
- Confident and courteous in dealings with customers and other team members
- Hardworking, committed and willing to learn and develop
- Flexible in the approach to the business needs. (Tasks, hours and responsibilities)
- Maths and English GCSE Grade 4/C or above is preferable
- Food Hygiene level 2 (Basic Food Hygiene) is desirable
Progression into a full time role with further opportunities for future development upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Initial communication with any successful candidates will be via email
- Please ensure that you regularly check your emails, including junk mail so you do not miss any communication and are able to respond promptly
About the employer
The first and only Spanish restaurant in Heaton, located on the up and coming foodie road, Heaton Road. Boquerones brings the best of traditional and modern tapas to Newcastle.
Our freshly made Spanish food is based on premium ingredients and well know specialties from Spain, like Manchego cheese, Serrano Ham and Padron peppers. Our wide range of tapas perfectly match with a bottle of our Spanish wines, a glass of our fruity sangrias or a refreshing cocktail from our extensive drinks list.
Serving brunch with a Spanish twist on Saturdays and Sundays from 10.00am - 1.00pm, lunch on Fridays and Saturdays from 12 noon and dinner every evening, 7 days a week.
Classic tapas dishes like croquetas, patatas bravas and tortilla Espanola are joined on the menu by our chef's amazing original dishes. Our wine list has a vast choice of reds, whites and rose from the best Spanish vineyards and our cocktail list grows by the week.
Te veo pronto Team Boquerones.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle College
Stuart Clark 0191 2004844 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Commis Chef - 12 Months
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.