RAF Club Commis Chef Apprenticeship Royal Air Force Club
Commis Chef Apprenticeship for a committed candidate, to learn about food preparation and cooking of meat, fish, vegetables, stocks, sauces, baking & pastry. You will learn food safety practices, kitchen documentation, banqueting and catering for special events.
Closing date: 01 Apr 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
01 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Commis Chef Apprenticeship position available to learn the preparation and cooking of all fresh ingredients on site. This will include meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, breakfast, banqueting, baking, pastry and desserts. You will learn basic kitchen skills and in addition learn about food hygiene, health & safety, storage and cleaning. You will be exposed to all sections in the kitchen in due course. College attendance includes Practical, theory, tutorials and Functional Skills lessons.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent personal presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
- A strong interest in food - preparing and cooking ingredients
- This is a practical position
- Motivation & Attitude is key
- Willing to go Extra mile to learn
- Flexible to the needs of the job/industry
- GCSE English and maths grades A*-D/9-3 (or equivalent)
- GCSE cookery/food tech desirable (or equivalent)
- Progression within your job role and organisation with the potential to complete further Apprenticeships and training relevant to your role as you progress
Things to consider
- Remember you will be active all day!
- You will be working in a hot and busy kitchen.
- You will work a rota which may require you to work weekends and evenings.
- Please research location and consider your commute in terms of time and cost prior to applying for the role.
About the employer
The Royal Air Force Club is a Private Members Club.
WESTMINSTER KINGSWAY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Westminster Kingsway College - Hospitality 'Workforce Development
Susan Milbank email@example.com
On the job training 4 days a week and also 1 day a week at WKC Commis Chef Apprenticeship standard.
Functional Skills English and maths at Level 1, progressing to level 2.
Please note that 20% of working hours required as off the job training.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.