Early Years Workforce Apprentice Puffins Of Exeter
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated apprentices to join our early years' workers in one of our nurseries based in Exeter. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2021
25 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Successful applicants will work at one of our nurseries for 3 days a week and attend our Training Centre for one day a week. Apprentices would be supported with their on the job training by a mentor and would have a job manual to support this. Apprentices would be assigned a Tutor and Assessor for their off the job training. Apprentices would also be able to gain IAG from our dedicated Learning Support team.
- Support staff in providing activities and care which are developmentally appropriate for children from a range of social, economic and cultural backgrounds, so they are able to develop and grow, in particular those with special educational needs and English as an additional language
- Assist children with personal care, including help with toileting, feeding and food service and other similar duties
- Ensure the environment is welcoming, comfortable, well-organised and uncluttered
- To work as part of a team ensuring on-going cleanliness of the setting
- Welcome visitors to the setting
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Motivation, patience and enthusiasm
- Good level of maths and English
- Opportunity to apply for the Advanced Apprenticeship
Things to consider
- We will be holding a Recruitment Event at the Southgate Hotel on 2nd June 2021, all potential candidates will be contacted with the details
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Puffins of Exeter have several nurseries across Exeter and an after-school club.
Puffins Of Exeter
SOUTH WEST ASSOCIATION OF TRAINING PROVIDERS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South West Association of Training Providers Limited
Sue Holding 01392 496017 email@example.com
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard.
Successful applicants will work at one of our Nurseries for 3 days a week and attend our Training centre for one day a week.
Apprentices would be supported with their on the job training by a mentor and would have a job manual to support this. Apprentices would be assigned a Tutor and Assessor for their off the job training. Apprentices would also be able to gain IAG from our dedicated Learning Support Team.
- Early Years Practitioner Standard L2
- Paediatric First Aid certificate
- Food Hygiene
- Health and Safety
- Equality and Diversity
- Functional skills if required
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.