Teaching Assistant Apprentice (Special Needs) Millstead School
To work with teachers as part of a professional team to support the teaching and learning for pupils across the school who have severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple learning difficulties or autism. You will work towards a Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 24 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
27 Jul 2022
25 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- To provide specialist assistance to pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning including sensory, behaviour, communication, medical or physical difficulties
- To support other staff under the direction, supervision, and guidance of the class teacher
- Contribute to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare and personal care of children and young people
- To provide a real, exciting, creative and personalised curriculum that is accessible to all children
- To value individuality
- To provide opportunities to develop the self-esteem, confidence and independence of all children
- To create a safe, stable, welcoming and stimulating environment where individuals are happy and have a positive attitude
- To build strong and meaningful relationships based on mutual respect and value
- To recognise and celebrate all cultural and religious backgrounds
- To provide a friendly, warm, welcoming school where families, school staff and other professionals work together for the benefit of the children
Requirements and prospects
- To have achieved a basic level of qualifications, good communication skills and preferably some experience
- To be patient, kind, considerate and with a determination to meet the needs of the pupils
- To be reliable
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
- To gain valuable experience working with children who have varying special needs, to progress to a Level 3 training qualification
Things to consider
- This is very demanding both physically and emotionally, yet very rewarding at the same time. This role will suit someone with either previous experience and or a desire to make a difference to children's lives
About the employer
Millstead is recognised as an Outstanding school and we are extremely proud of the achievements of all members of the school community. We strive to provide the very best learning and development opportunities for all and ensure a personalised learning journey for each individual.
NORTH WEST COMMUNITY SERVICES TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North West Community Services (Merseyside) Ltd
Shirley Ashcroft 0151 528 5888 email@example.com
Successful applicants will be supported and guided through the Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Training will be provided by North West Community Services.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.