Food and Beverage / Team Member Apprentice BEDRUTHAN HOTEL LIMITED
Bedruthan Hotel and Spa at Mawgan Porth is proud to offer an opportunity for a motivated individual to join the front of house team, training to become highly skilled and proficient within the food and beverage industry.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2021
26 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Every member of the restaurant team has a vital role in the success of our Food and Beverage operations.
You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best in this wonderful industry. We have 3 beautiful restaurants offering 3 very different dining experiences for our guests across our 2 clifftop hotels, giving you the opportunity to learn skills across our restaurants. You will develop your skills with us and through our relationships with colleges and training providers, giving you the knowledge and qualifications to thrive in your career. You will work closely with our restaurant management team who will guide you through all you need to know to become a successful restaurant host or hospitality professional.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Food running
- Taking orders
- Greeting guests
- Telephone queries
- Supporting payments
Think you've got it?
- A genuine passion for guest service
- A proactive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn
- A desire to work in a close knit team of professionals
- Enthusiasm to take up opportunities
- Reliable, honest, genuine and authentic
- Intuitive, empathetic and flexible
- Positive attitude and demonstrates good working relationships with others
- A passion for caring about the environment
Requirements and prospects
- Our Restaurant Hosts have a warm, friendly, caring nature and can confidently talk with our guests so that they have a fantastic memorable Bedruthan experience
- You need to be able to keep calm under pressure, be a capable problem solver and have an excellent good attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal English together with numeracy and basic computer skills are essential for this role
You will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to work within a team
- Positive, warm and friendly attitude
- Respond well to feedback
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- 2 GCSEs or equivalent at grade A*-D 9/3 in English and mathematics are desirable
- There is the potential to be employed and promoted within the company upon full completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- You must ensure you have suitable travel arrangements in place to get to work and to attend college
- The next training cohort at Cornwall College Camborne commences in September 2021, though there may be employment opportunities leading up to that point (at national minimum wage or above)
About the employer
Whatever you do, there's a real hands-on quality to working here and at the Bedruthan and Scarlet. We offer our staff an opportunity to grow and trust our people to deliver exceptional service to our guests. This is not a holiday; it’s creating long lasting memories. Here Ideas are shared and heard and no two days are the same. We have amazing sunsets, a beautiful place to work, tasty food and a one team attitude, why wouldn't you want to join our team??
Family friendly Bedruthan and adults only Scarlet are cherished and nurtured sister hotels (Red Hotels) within a minute walk of each other. Both are set into the cliffs overlooking Mawgan Porth beach on the North Coast of Cornwall with beautiful grounds and gardens.
BEDRUTHAN HOTEL LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Recruitment Team 01209 616269
- As part of this apprenticeship, you will need to achieve the Level 2 Team Member qualification, before undertaking the final End Point Assessment
- Assessor support will be provided in the workplace
- College attendance at Cornwall College Camborne will be required one day per week
- You will be required to undertake Functional Skills Level 2 in English and mathematics (if not already held)
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.