Apprentice - Gardener Gardenia Gardens Limited
We are looking to fill a position as one of our fully trained operatives. This apprenticeship opportunity is to work for a busy garden maintenance company with a friendly family atmosphere. If you are passionate about gardening and enjoy being out in the fresh air, then this could be the excellent apprenticeship choice for you.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Oct 2021
25 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Weeding, turning boarders
- Hedge cutting
- Collecting leaves
- Edging lawns
- Ensuring company vehicles are kept tidy and fully equipped
Requirements and prospects
- Hard working,
- Positive attitude,
- Good communication skills
- Ability to learn
- Honest & Reliable
- Good time keeping
- Honest reliable, positive attitude
Desired qualifications for a Level 2 Apprenticeship
- English & maths - Minimum acceptable grade E or 2
- Functional Skills level 1 – English & mathematics - Pass
Full Time job on completion and achievement of this apprenticeship
Things to consider
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job and time spent training.
National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period.
About the employer
We have been established since 2005 and as a small family business of a team of four people, we do garden maintenance work for domestic and commercial clients mainly working in the Cheshire area. We aim to keep the gardening standards high and always looking to improve the business.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Reaseheath College
- Reaseheath Training will be the apprenticeship training provider for this Apprenticeship.
- The employer will give guidance and support throughout and a mentor will be assigned to you.
- Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period
- This Standard apprenticeship may include Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT
- Reaseheath Training also offer optional extra industry qualifications at additional cost.
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.