Apprentice Early Years Practitioner Bowdon C OF E Primary School
You will be working alongside a qualified Early Years Teacher, gaining valuable insight into ‘outstanding’ practice – as judged by OFSTED in 2017. You will participate in a bespoke training programme to enable you to become an expert in your field.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 36.25
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
26 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- To work alongside Nursery practitioners to ensure safety and supervision for the children at all times. Staff must provide constant supervision of all children allocated to them, a child is never left alone or left to be supervised by another child or parent at any time)
- To report any matters of concern regarding children, staff or parents to the Nursery Manager/ Deputy/ Proprietor as appropriate
- To identify and meet the physical, intellectual, emotional and social needs of the children
- To implement and adhere to a consistent daily routine both indoors and outdoors, ensuring high quality teaching and learning experiences are offered to children at all times
- To provide a secure, loving, caring and stimulating environment for each individual child
- To plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities and evaluation as required
- To take care of the children physically and encourage awareness of personal hygiene
- To work in a positive manner with colleagues, sharing best practice to ensure better outcomes for children
- To demonstrate (through role modelling) good manners and respect for others, both children and adults
- To support the Nursery Christian ethos through role modelling positive and inclusive behaviour
- To share positive information about the children with their parents, in a professional, friendly manner
- To maintain children’s records including observation, assessment and tracking, sharing all information with the child’s parents/ carer keeping learning journeys up to date
- To attend and be involved in any out of work-time activities such as staff meetings and training sessions (as required). All training is paid
- To be aware of and implement all our policies and procedures
- To take part in mealtimes and ensure that they are positive times of pleasant interaction
- To share cleaning responsibilities and ensure safety and hygiene of the environment and toys/ resources/ equipment
- To ensure that children who are unwell are kept close, warm (cooled if they have a high temperature), calm and content, and that parents are contacted if necessary
- To record accidents and incidents as per policies and procedures
- To be flexible to the daily business demands of the nursery, including working hours and room duties
- To liaise with other childcare professionals when necessary, sharing information and therefore promoting a multi-agency working environment
- To encourage children in self-help, personal hygiene and acceptable social behaviour in a positive way
- To treat any information of matters relating to the work within the nursery as confidential
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative when required
- Good listener
- Good Communicator
- Desire to work with children
- Able to work in a team
- Sensitive, polite and friendly
- Positive and constructive
- Seeks solutions to problems
- Resilient and assertive
- Good sense of humour
- Can use own initiative
GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and maths are desirable.
Full-time position for the right candidate after successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Candidates will be subject to a DBS check which will be completed with the employer if successful in securing this Apprenticeship role. Please note - should this position receive a large amount of applications the job advert will close early. We advise that you apply for this position early to avoid disappointment.
As part of our apprenticeship recruitment process, you may be required to attend a Numeracy, Literacy and Interview Assessment. Should you be successful at this stage, we will then submit your application to the employer for further consideration.
About the employer
Bowdon Nursery School is a privately run nursery, based on a school site. It is open 7.45am-5.30pm, 46 weeks of the year (it closes for 2 weeks at Christmas, 2 weeks at Easter and 2 weeks in the summer holidays in line with the school holidays).
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Macclesfield College
Maxim Business Training 01625 410000 email@example.com
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.