Apprentice Chef The Duke Of Wellington
The Duke of Wellington are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as a Apprentice Chef. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Oct 2021
24 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Assisting in the food production process of a section and be able to change sections regularly
- Cooking and preparing elements of highly quality controlled dishes
- Helping with deliveries and stock control
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness with a clean as you go attitude
- Contributing to maintain kitchen and food safety standards
- Maintaining impeccable standards of appearance and personal hygiene
- Performing any other duties as required
Requirements and prospects
- No previous experience needed but a passion for working with food and learning new skills and we will teach you the rest
- Honest, dedicated and hard working.
- Ambition and drive to develop.
- Flexible and adaptable at all times.
- Good personal hygiene
- A-D (8-3) English and maths or equivalent preferred
- Potentially a position for the right candidate on completion of the qualification
Things to consider
- This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received
- Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship
- For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed
- Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Duke of Wellington is a family friendly pub restaurant offering a great selection of real ales and traditional home cooked food.
The Duke Of Wellington
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard:
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.