Childminder Assistant Apprenticeship Sandra Lorraine Watts
The vacancy is for a enthusiastic and reliable individual who has a passion for working with children and is committed to learning. They will be supporting a childminder in a busy and high quality early years setting whilst completing a Level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2021
24 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The setting has been running for 8 years and you will work closely with the registered childminder.
Duties will including:
- Planning and delivering engaging and fun age appropriate activities
- Scaffolding children's learning in all areas of development
- Supporting children to develop key life skills and working with parents
- Supporting children's personal care, such as nappy changing, supporting meal times, preparing and maintain a safe and stimulating environment
- Ensuring children's safety at all times both in the setting and when out and about on outings
- Completing CPD
- The role will also involve assisting with some before and after school collections and drop offs for older children up to year 6 with the childminder
Requirements and prospects
- Effective communication with a range of audiences including children and adults, this includes the use of appropriate lanugage and communication methods including ICT
- Time management and organisational skills
- Anti-discriminatory practice in all areas of work
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post that are required in order to deliver the job’s key responsibilities
- To work within the policies, procedures and codes of conduct
- Reliability and time keeping are paramount
- Organised and motivated
- Passionate about working with children
- To maintain a safe clean and healthy enviroment, general cleaning duties will be required
- Able to think quick
- Calm disposition
- Be responsive and sensitive to children's individual needs
To develop a career in Early Years Education.
About the employer
A Childminder setting
Sandra Lorraine Watts
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Rebecca Barnes 01753598538 email@example.com
- Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
The Childcare Company is an Ofsted ‘Grade 2 Good’ established leading National training provider delivering high quality apprenticeships in partnership with childcare employers to support the development and growth of our workforce.
The Childcare Company is dedicated that each apprentice has the best possible learning journey, by providing training that develops the apprentice’s workplace skills, knowledge and personal development (behaviours), that will have a positive impact on them, in their workplace and in the wider society and most importantly sets a solid foundation to progress in their chosen career path.
Training is delivered through blended learning. Supported by one our sector specialist tutors the tutor will deliver teaching sessions using a variety of methods including: face-to-face, Skype, virtual classroom, facetime, and telephone, and additionally provide support and motivation.
Working in partnership with the employer, apprentices will be provided with ‘on the job’ and ‘off the job’ training during their paid working hours.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.