Hairdressing Apprentice Mane Road Hair & Beauty
Opportunity to earn as you learn all the skills necessary to become a Hair Professional, working within a commercial salon, supporting stylists, contributing to the smooth & efficient running of the salon and participating in training activities.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Nov 2021
21 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
For an enthusiastic person to join a busy salon and train to become one of our stylist of tomorrow. We are looking for a keen, reliable person with a passion for the hairdressing industry keen to secure a future working within a customer focused service.
This is a rewarding industry which demands a high level of commitment and a positive work ethic. Good communication skills and an attention to personal presentation are essential in this field.
The role includes:
- Supporting professional stylist in their job role through various activities
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Dealing with enquiries
- Handling payments
- Observing and assisting with technical services
- Contributing to the maintenance of the salon to ensure a safe, clean and tidy environment is maintained
There will be weekly College attendance day through term time and regular training within the salon to support skill development. Regular reviews and assessment opportunities throughout the Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills required, and a willingness to “go that extra mile” to provide the best customer experience
- A good work ethic, punctuality and reliability
- Care to provide attention to detail and good personal presentation are required
- You will be dealing with a wide range of clients across all age groups and varied diversity, an ability to communicate with all
- Commitment and passion for the hairdressing industry
GCSE or equivalent in math and English 4 (C) or above.
Enhanced employability once qualified.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Working Week: Dates and times to be confirmed at interview.
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close a vacancy prior to the closing date if a high number of applicants have been received.
NOTE: If your application is successful, you must attend an initial interview with Weymouth College before your details are put forward to this employer. This will be arranged by an invitation from Weymouth College. This is not an interview for the job.
About the employer
Mane Road Hair & Beauty is the premier Hair and Beauty Salon in the Weymouth area, offering you a wide range of styling services and products to give you the look you want. With an extensive selection, we’ve got you covered for whatever you need.
Mane Road Hair & Beauty
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weymouth College
Apprenticeships 01305 208709 Apprenticeships@weymouth.ac.uk
- Hair Professional level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Formal training to be provided by Weymouth College with informal, on the job training by Mane Road.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.