Early Years Practitioner Apprentice Bedgrove Infant School
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and hardworking Early Years Apprenticeship. Working in our Nursery, with 3 and 4 year olds, you’ll get to work with young people to promote lifelong learning through an understanding of the EYFS curriculum. You’ll be supported and trained by staff in our outstanding setting.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
£150.50 - £311.85
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Dec 2021
04 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To work towards and complete a level 2 or 3 apprenticeship in Early Years
- To support the staff team in providing high quality care and education for all children attending the nursery
- To participate in the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To participate in the observation and assessment of children under the direction of colleagues
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating environment, both indoors and outdoors at all times
- To assist colleagues in planning and implementing a variety of engaging activities to meet the children’s individual needs and interests
- To participate in supporting the children’s personal, social and emotional development, including the promotion of positive behaviour strategies
- To actively support the development of children’s language, communication and thinking skills
- To establish and maintain positive relationships with the children and their families
- Assist in maintaining a high standard of hygiene, being aware of health and safety at all times
- To actively support and promote the nursery’s policies and practices, particularly those on Inclusion and Equal Opportunities
- To report accidents and incidents to a member of staff to ensure records are properly maintained and relevant first aid administered
- To participate and contribute towards all Ofsted inspections and Local Authority visits.
- To participate in the nursery supervision and appraisal scheme
- To participate in relevant training and development
- Be responsible for and committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of any children, young people and any vulnerable groups you may come into contact with during your employment
- To be flexible within working practices in the setting, including undertaking domestic tasks when and where this is necessary, and to attend out of working hours activities (such as training sessions, staff meetings and parents’ evenings) when required
- To carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by the Management
Requirements and prospects
- A sense of fun
- Imagination, empathy and patience are all key skills you'll need to work in a nursery
- As well as gaining invaluable experience and training, you may also have the opportunity to apply for a job in the nursery after your apprenticeship has finished
- Good communications skills
- Hard working
- GCSE, or equivalents, ideally maths and English Grade C/4 or above
- Training can be provided on the job
Further training, CPD and development is encouraged, and helps keep you up to date with changes in the sector. You'll have the opportunity to learn new skills and techniques, based on needs that you and your manager identify. Chance of being offered a full-time position at the business.
Things to consider
Long period of being active and large portion of time playing outdoors. Long day that is varied and physical. Working with young children can lead to supporting with toiletry needs and also emotional needs.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
At Bedgrove Infant School our vision is to Believe everyone can succeed, to Inspire everyone to achieve their best and that everyone should shine with confidence and self-belief. We strive to ensure your young child’s first experience of schooling is a positive one, instilling a life-long love of learning and an eagerness to enjoy life.
Our school is brimming with: dedicated and talented staff, enthusiastic and happy children and, exciting and challenging opportunities to become immersed in the curriculum and develop learning.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Liza-Marie Chapman 07423010091 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 qualification
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.