Apprentice Receptionist Heatherbrook Surgery
This is an exciting new apprenticeship opportunity to join our team at Heatherbrook Surgery as a Receptionist. We are looking for an individual who takes pride in where they work, uses their own initiative and has a flexible attitude with a willingness to learn.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2021
21 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful candidate will be working within a friendly team, with full support and training.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Booking in patients and visitors
- Answering telephone calls from patients and clinicians
- Booking, amending and cancelling patient appointments
- Processing repeat prescription requests
- Scanning and logging incoming mail
- Ensuring patient notes are updated on the computerised and manual filing system
- Providing general support to the administration and reception team
- Filing and photocopying
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- IT skills
- Outstanding customer service
- Excellent telephone manner
- Organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- To be able to work with others in the team, be a strong team player
- To have a willingness and ability to learn from others, take instruction and carry out instructions in a professional manner
- To understand the importance of timekeeping and deadlines
- Commitment to undertake and successfully complete the apprenticeship programme
- Can demonstrate the ability to be professional in matters of confidentiality, security, integrity, honesty, conduct, performance and attendance
- Ability to treat colleagues and visitors with respect and dignity
- Able to use initiative and be assertive as and when the situation requires
- Flexible and reliable
- Smart and professional appearance relevant for a business setting
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English are desired but not essential
We really value our people and pride ourselves on our loyal team. We genuinely see this as a career opportunity for the right candidate. Our past apprentices are now in full-time posts and we hope that this apprentice will continue to learn and grow at Heatherbrook Surgery.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Heatherbrook Surgery based in Leicestershire, is part of Willows Health who provide a wide range of NHS services, from everyday treatments and clinics to many specialist areas.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Customer Service Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in maths and English provided if needed
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.