Apprentice Nursery Assistant - St Ives Day Nursery, St Ives, PE27 5JP, ref - ICP008 Saint Ives Nursery
We are looking grow our team to ensure the nursery team are supported effectively. You will assist in the allocated base room ensuring all children’s needs are met, contributing to the effective running of the room. You will be guided and directed to complete duties as requested by the Room Leader – If this interests you then apply now!
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
£115.50 to £222.75
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 25.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
21 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
General duties will include:
- To contribute to the room planning
- To understand the requirements of the EYFS, health and safety and Ofsted
- To fulfil the role of a Key Person as directed
- To liaise professionally and courteously with parents, children, colleagues, and visitors in a polite and professional manner, seeking help or signposting to the correct person with the Nursery
- To prepare daily activities for all children whilst adhering to the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To interact effectively with all children
- To assist in the setting up of the room in the morning, throughout the day and closing the room in the evening
- To encourage and support children to develop their language, motor, and social skills
- To supervise indoor and outdoor play activities
- To supervise snack and mealtimes including cleaning
- To support the team with hygiene for children including nappies, toileting, face, and hands wiping and changing a child’s clothes
- To maintain records and reports, keeping daily diaries of the children’s progress and activities
- To assist with general cleaning, tidying, and sterilising
- To contribute to the board displays
- To adhere to and implement all Nursery policies and procedures
- Attend’s training courses to further personal development
- Performs any ad hoc duties as required
- Actively contributes and participates as part of the team, attending team meetings and other events
- Is mindful of personal safety and safety of colleagues
- Assists the Nursery Manager with initiatives that directly benefit the Nursery
Requirements and prospects
Essential to role:
- Experience of working within a team
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements
Desirable to role:
- Experience of working with children
- Safeguarding and first aid training
- Experience of providing customer service
- Enthusiastic and energetic
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
For the successful candidate there is an opportunity of ongoing employment and progression upon the completion of the relevant qualification.
About the employer
At St Ives Nursery we work in partnership with parents to achieve the best possible outcomes for all the children in our care.
Our high-quality service ensures children develop socially, intellectually, culturally, physically, and emotionally in a homely, caring, and secure environment.
Our environment and development programmes are tailored for each age range, providing a range of activities including, language and communication, technology skills and emergent reading and writing. This helps to prepare children for their next steps in education. Our curriculum meets the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) and the Cambridgeshire Local Authority funding requirements.
We know that fabulous staff make a great Nursery and we pride ourselves on having a highly qualified, trained, and skilled team. Staff are encouraged and supported in developing their skills by studying for higher level Childcare qualifications. All staff undertake mandatory training in Safeguarding, Paediatric First Aid, Health, Fire and Food Safety.
Taking care of our staff and their wellbeing is of prime importance to us. We are proud to have been honoured with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, being ranked 14th in the whole of the UK. The Employees’ Choice Awards recognises the Best Places to Work in 2020, and is based solely on the input of employees, who elect to provide feedback on their jobs, work environments and companies on Glassdoor, one of the world’s largest job and recruiting sites.
Our nursery manager:
The Nursery Manager, Kimberly Griffiths, has a wealth of experience in childcare, and is supported by a passionate and committed staff team. Kim and her team give each and every child the opportunity to grow in confidence and reach their full potential.
No one knows your child better than you, so our partnership with parents is integral to our way of working. We hold termly parents’ meetings ensuring you have the time to discuss your child’s individual needs and progress with their appointed key person.
However, our ‘open-door’ policy means that parents are welcome to come and speak to us at any time. We promote home learning and encourage parents to participate and contribute to their child’s development, sharing information on a daily basis.
St Ives Nursery has been named by parents as one of the Top 20 Nurseries in the East of England, out of 1077 Nurseries by daynurseries.co.uk. The Top 20 Nurseries in the East of England received an award from the leading day nurseries review site, daynurseries.co.uk, based on the Nursery’s reviews from the children’s families and carers.
Kimberly Griffiths, Nursery Manager, said “we are absolutely delighted to have been named as one of the Top 20 Nurseries in the East of England. Everything we do at Nursery is centred around each and every child and we are absolutely focused on ensuring we provide the very best environment, the highest quality childcare and continue to develop our staff team’s knowledge.
We want to thank all of our children’s families and carers for recognising our efforts with their wonderful reviews but, of course, huge thanks and a well done to our fantastic staff team who provide outstanding care to all our children every day.”
“We would like to congratulate St Ives Nursery on being a top nursery in East of England, as rated by parents! It is such an achievement to be chosen as one of the best nurseries by the families and carers of the children that attend the setting.
Reviews of the Top 20 nurseries show these settings both stimulate and nurture children, boosting their social and emotional wellbeing and helping shape their development. The brain is at its most receptive during the first five years of a child’s life, which is why we decided to recognise those nurseries, which play a vital role in educating and caring for children.”
Amanda Hopkins, Reviews Manager of daynurseries.co.uk
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Sally Baldwin 07764966256 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.