Apprentice Service Technician (Land-Based Service) R T Machinery Ltd
To train as a service engineer in the agricultural engineering sector, carrying out service and repairs on various machinery and equipment. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
21 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is a 3 year apprenticeship to become and agricultural mechanical engineer. The successful candidate will starting in the workshop and progressing to become a mobile/site technician once qualified.
Land-Based Service Engineering Technicians typically work on-site utilising their own initiative in a customer-facing role.
Some of the projects you will be expected to get involved in at RT Machinery include:
- Preparation, installation, and handover of complex technologically advanced machinery, plant and equipment and the verification of its performance to the manufacturers’ specification and customers satisfaction
- Diagnosis and repair of complex faults in machinery, plant, and equipment
- Conducting complex repairs of machinery, equipment, and their components which may include supervising a junior colleague to assist in aspects of the repair
- Conducting inspections of machines and the compilation of machinery condition reports
The nature of the job role presents challenges ranging from routine maintenance to the repair of elementary mechanical faults. From the successful candidate, this will require a diverse blend of skills, industry underpinning knowledge and the disciplines required for environmental and safe working practice. Applicants will require a high level of technical ability and a passion for fixing things.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication
- Passion for Engineering and Machinery
- Understanding of Land-Based equipment would be desirable
- Good time keeping
- Driven with an interest in engineering
- C/4 or equivalent in maths and English are desired
- Applicants who do not hold these qualifications will be required to undertake further tests for English and maths
A full time position after apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Some all weather outdoor work
- Block release at Brooksby Melton College. More information on the course and specific requirements will be covered at Assessment/Interview stage
- All accommodation and travel costs associated with the block release training will be covered by R T Machinery Ltd
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
R T Machinery is a family run business that conduct sales, service and hire of agricultural and ground care machinery.
They also offer a concise servicing and repair workshop for agricultural and ground care machinery along with general engineering repairs.
BMC (BROOKSBY MELTON COLLEGE)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Brooksby Melton College
Maddie Wood email@example.com
Land-based Service Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Level 3 F Gas Manual Handling
- Abrasive Wheels
Land-based service engineer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.