Manufacturing Operative/Workshop Technician Apprentice Peppermill Antiques Ltd
Apprentice required to build furniture from component parts, polishing, stripping, painting, welding and minor restorations.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Oct 2021
21 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Apprentice required to assist the Production Manager with all workshop tasks and jobs to ensure they reach the customer in a timely manner. To build furniture from component parts and polishing, stripping, painting, welding, and minor restoration of other items of furniture
Duties will include:
- General repair and restoration of furniture
- Assembly of components parts to make products to customer specification
- Applying paints and other finishes to various products
- Checking that dimensions of products are correct
- Moving furniture and equipment as necessary
- Completing work in a timely manner
- Cleaning up the supplies and leaving the area clean in accordance with Peppermill Risk Assessment
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and verbal communications
- Good maths abilities
- Use own initiative and manage own workload
- Previous experience in painting/woodwork/polishing/assembly/welding would be very beneficial, but not essential and training will be given
- Superior attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Critical thinking skills
- Team orientation
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and carry heavy equipment - i.e. tools, large buckets of paint
GCSE grades 7-4/A-C or equivalent in English and maths, as a minimum.
Full-time position available once the apprenticeship is completed.
Things to consider
May be required to work on a Saturday rota - this will be paid as overtime.
About the employer
We are family run company specialising in contemporary, vintage and industrial furniture.
We supply our products to homes, bars and restaurants, and we also offer a bespoke furniture making service.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2
This apprenticeship will be delivered over a period of 15 months via virtual classroom sessions, including distance learning materials, as well as regular visits by your assessor, at the company site.
'Off the Job Training' subjects include:
- Health & Safety within a Manufacturing Environment
- Communicating and Working effectively within a Manufacturing Environment
- Working Relationships and Individual Rights & Responsibilities within a Manufacturing Environment
- Application of Workplace Organisation and Work Related Problem Solving Techniques
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.