Care Assistant Apprenticeship HOLLYMAN CARE HOMES LIMITED
Purpose of position is to share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of service users in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence and to help in the general day-to-day activities of the home.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
21 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- To assist service users who need help with getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and the toilet
- To help service users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities,
including incontinence, help in use and care of aids and personal equipment
- To care for service users who are temporarily sick and needing, for example,
minor dressings, bed nursing, help with feeding, etc.
- To help care for service users who are dying
- To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users
through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such
as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations
- To make and change beds, tidy rooms, do light cleaning and empty
- To inspect, launder and mend service users' clothing
- To set tables and trays, serve meals, feed service users who need help, prepare
light meals and wash up, tidy and clear the dining room
- To answer emergency bells, the door and the telephone, greet visitors
- To read and write reports, take part in staff and service users' meetings and in
training activities as directed
- To perform such other duties as may reasonably be required
- To comply with the home's guidelines and policies at all times
- To report to a nurse or to the home manager any significant changes in the
health or circumstances of a service user
- To encourage service users to remain as independent as possible
Requirements and prospects
- Good level of spoken and written English
- A good understanding of basic maths
- An active team player but also able to work on own initiative
- A good communicator
- Sensitive to the needs of others and to the sick or infirm
- No formal qualifications required
- Good levels of maths & English
A permanent position may be offered to the right candidate upon completion of their apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Broadlands Park is a beautiful country manor house located in Upton, Acle. Registered for the care of 34 elderly residents, allows us to tailor the care provided to clients individual needs and personal choices.
Situated in three acres of lovely grounds, in the heart of the Norfolk Broads, offering privacy, independence and peace and quiet. Everything we do is designed to meet the comfort of our residents. Our comfortable lounges and dining areas provide an opportunity for residents to socialise or relax. Our beautifully maintained garden is landscaped with lawns, flowerbeds and a variety of shrubs used for their colour, fragrance & textures.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The LightBulb Limited
Stuart Goudge 07375 661914 firstname.lastname@example.org
- TheLightBulb will deliver the Level 2 Adult Care worker standard
- You will complete Functional Skills in maths & English if required
- To include 20% off the job training
- In-house training will be given to support specifics of the role
- Level 2 diploma in health and social care (adults) for England (QCF)
- The Care Certificate
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.