Apprentice Nursery Assistant - Little Rascals Pre-Prep, Tunbridge Wells, TN1 1PE - ref - ICP014 Little Rascals Nurseries
We are looking grow our team to ensure the nursery team are supported effectively. You will assist in the allocated base room ensuring all children’s needs are met, contributing to the effective running of the room. You will be guided and directed to complete duties as requested by the Room Leader – If this interests you then apply now!
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
£115.50 to £222.75
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 25.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
21 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
General duties will include:
- To contribute to the room planning
- To understand the requirements of the EYFS, health and safety and Ofsted
- To fulfil the role of a Key Person as directed
- To liaise professionally and courteously with parents, children, colleagues, and visitors in a polite and professional manner, seeking help or signposting to the correct person with the Nursery
- To prepare daily activities for all children whilst adhering to the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To interact effectively with all children
- To assist in the setting up of the room in the morning, throughout the day and closing the room in the evening
- To encourage and support children to develop their language, motor, and social skills
- To supervise indoor and outdoor play activities
- To supervise snack and mealtimes including cleaning
- To support the team with hygiene for children including nappies, toileting, face, and hands wiping and changing a child’s clothes
- To maintain records and reports, keeping daily diaries of the children’s progress and activities
- To assist with general cleaning, tidying, and sterilising
- To contribute to the board displays
- To adhere to and implement all Nursery policies and procedures
- Attend’s training courses to further personal development
- Performs any ad hoc duties as required
- Actively contributes and participates as part of the team, attending team meetings and other events
- Is mindful of personal safety and safety of colleagues
- Assists the Nursery Manager with initiatives that directly benefit the Nursery
Requirements and prospects
Essential to role:
- Experience of working within a team
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements
Desirable to role:
- Experience of working with children
- Safeguarding and first aid training
- Experience of providing customer service
- Enthusiastic and energetic
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
For the successful candidate there is an opportunity of ongoing employment and progression upon the completion of the relevant qualification.
About the employer
Welcome to Little Rascals Pre-Prep.
Providing coeducation for children aged 3yrs plus, where children arrive excited and ready to learn. We encourage children to develop and build upon their abilities in all areas of learning and take pride in their achievements.
Within the structured Pre-Prep day, children quickly gain independence, self-confidence, and an enthusiasm for learning. Emphasis is placed on trying one’s best and being kind and tolerant of others and their points of view. Our innovative and exciting curriculum encourages the children to develop all the characteristics needed for effective learning. We work in partnership with parents to prepare children for entry into a range of well-regarded schools in the local and surrounding areas.
The learning environment at Little Rascals Pre-Prep is equipped with state-of-the-art educational resources, making it suitable for a variety of activities, either child led, or teacher led. Each day, the team nurture the children’s natural curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking, through fun, play-based tasks. This helps them to become independent and to think for themselves. Initiative is praised and the resulting self-confidence helps children develop a positive attitude towards learning.
Our pre-prep manager
The Pre-Prep Manager Charlotte Nash has a wealth of experience in childcare, and together with her Pre-Prep team and Early Years Teacher, Rachel Cooper, helps to prepare each and every child for their next steps in education.
We know that fabulous staff make a great Pre-Prep and we pride ourselves on having a highly qualified, trained, and skilled team. Staff are encouraged and supported in developing their skills by studying for higher level Childcare qualifications. All staff undertake mandatory training in Safeguarding, Paediatric First Aid, Health, Fire and Food Safety.
Taking care of our staff and their wellbeing is of prime importance to us. We are proud to have been honoured with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, being ranked 14th in the whole of the UK. The Employees’ Choice Awards recognises the Best Places to Work in 2020, and is based solely on the input of employees, who elect to provide feedback on their jobs, work environments and companies on Glassdoor, one of the world’s largest job and recruiting sites.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Sally Baldwin 07764966256 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.