Hairdressing Apprentice Amanda Marsden's
Amanda Marsden are looking for a hairdressing apprentice to join their enthusiastic team in Totness.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
31 Aug 2021
20 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties are likely to include:
- Booking appointments
- Meeting and greeting
- Blow drying and styling hair
- Also colour and lightening using a range of techniques
You’ll study hairdressing topics such as hair and skin testing, the effects of chemicals on hair and skin, and the principles of hair colour selection, alongside environmental and sustainable working practices. There’s also the option to learn about promoting products, perming, and working with different hair types.
Requirements and prospects
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be able to work well in a team, and to be able to portray a positive friendly attitude to customers at all times
- Candidates will need to be enthusiastic about training, have a creative flair and a genuine passion for the hairdressing industry
- Building good relationships with clients is a vital part of a successful salon so excellent interpersonal skills are required
No prior qualifications are required, just a passion for Hairdressing and a willingness to learn.
Having completed the level 2 qualification, there will be an opportunity to work towards an advanced level 3 to further enhance your skills.
About the employer
Amanda Marsden’s philosophy is that, ‘We believe our actions, products and services should always embody excellence’.
Amanda Marsden lifestyle Salon & Spa welcomes you to join their busy, vibrant team. Their aim is to make you feel transformed in a unique and special salon environment located in the bohemian, market town of Totnes which Is a thriving centre for music, art, theatre and natural health.
All of their carefully chosen stylists and therapists work to an exceptionally high standard, each one possessing individual creativity and flair with the mission to not only make our clients look beautiful but feel beautiful.
For over 18 years the Amanda Marsden Lifestyle Salon & Spa has been developing creative talent though their Apprenticeship scheme.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Skills Group 01752 332442 email@example.com
The Apprenticeship in Hairdressing includes:
- Level 2 Hair Professional (Hairdressing / Barbering)
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing / Barbering)
- Functional Skills in maths and English
All aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site and you will have regular visits every 2 to 4 weeks from your designated assessor from Skills Group, who will monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As part of your apprenticeship you will be expected to attend college one day per week, where you will improve upon your knowledge and practical skills.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.