Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician Dennis Eagle
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality. You will train as a qualified vehicle technician while working on heavy vehicles. The successful candidate can expect a high quality training package with excellent career prospects.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
21 Sep 2021
19 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The aim of this Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship programme is to equip our apprentices with the skills and knowledge to competently maintain our fleet of vehicles whilst achieving a industry recognised Level 3 qualification.
Have you always had a passion or interest for all things mechanical? Did you tinker with vehicles and engines and wondered how to make a career out of it? If so, why not apply to be part of our programme. As an HGV Apprentice you will form part of a professional on-site engineering team who are responsible for maintaining our large fleet. To ensure this fleet is serviced and maintained to the highest standards we are looking for driven, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individuals to join our team.
Vehicle servicing and maintenance is challenging, practical work, every vehicle will present a new problem to solve but you will feel satisfied when the job is done, and the vehicle is back on the road.
Some of the tasks you will be working on include:
- Vehicle safety inspections
- Observing and assisting senior technicians
- Servicing vehicles – carrying out checks and general maintenance according to the manufacturers’ guidelines
- Repairing and replacing faulty parts and components
- Maintaining repair and service records
- Following health and safety procedures
- Using engineering tools and equipment - including hand and power tools, engineering and technical manuals and diagnostic and electrical measuring equipment
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication & listening skills
- Problem solver and have attention to detail
- Good practical skills
- Be safety conscious
- Be patient & well organised
- Comfortable with the use of up to date information technology
- The ability to work as part of a team, supporting a number of colleagues
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Work experience/prior knowledge is beneficial but not essential
- Good time keeping and willing to learn
- Team player/working with others
- Motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
- Proactive approach in maintaining customer standards
- A passion for engineering
- Able to demonstrate a good mechanical aptitude
- Proactive, highly motivated and keen to develop new skills
- Numerate with good attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple tasks
- Demonstrable abilities of honesty and reliability
- GCSEs, Functional Skills or Key Skills at grade C/4 or above in English and maths (or equivalent)
- Predicated grades are accepted but any offer will be provisional until proof of results is provided
- As a company we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to our employees
- This apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our company
- At the successful completion of training the intention is for the apprentice to be offered full-time employment as a skilled heavy vehicle technician
Things to consider
- The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications
- Applicants should consider the distance required to travel to the employer. Access to transport would be beneficial. For an idea of distance to travel, this link may be of use http://www.traveline.info/
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Closing, interview and possible start date for this vacancy are subject to change. Interviews could commence at any time. You should apply immediately to avoid disappointment
About the employer
Dennis Eagle, part of the Terberg RosRoca Group, is a world leader in the design and manufacture of refuse collection vehicles, with an established reputation for supplying quality products that meet the highest expectations in terms of performance, cost and delivery.
Committed to the continued development of innovative solutions for the waste and recycling market, the company provides complete vehicle solutions, producing refuse collection bodies, chassis and bin lifts. Its comprehensive product portfolio offers a configuration to suit every application, and this is backed-up by unrivalled customer service provided by the largest aftersales and support structure in the industry.
Today, Dennis Eagle manufactures over 1,000 units per year for UK local authorities and private sector contractors. In addition, it has a continually expanding customer base overseas, including in continental Europe, Scandinavia, Australia and the U.S.A.
The company has consistently led the low entry chassis market, and its Elite 6 cab has been proven to offer an unparalleled standard of direct driver visibility and cyclist safety. As a result of the company’s expertise in developing large trucks with high visibility cabs for use in urban environments, it was approached by TfL to take part in the Construction Logistics and Community Safety (CLOCS) initiative.
This has led to the development of an Urban Safety Vehicle range, which currently includes skip-loader, tipper and tipper grab variants, with plans to introduce a number of other body options moving forward.
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by S&B Automotive Academy Ltd
Luke Morison 07398 092218 email@example.com
S&B Automotive Academy is a specialist automotive training provider located in Bristol, S&B works in partnership with Dennis Eagle to deliver the heavy vehicle apprenticeship programme over a 3 year period which culminates in an end point assessment.
Training is delivered in the workplace and via seven one-week college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy, this means you will be required to travel to the college and stay in accommodation whilst on blocks for the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
The apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor and a college mentor who will offer support, advice and guidance by monitoring progress through the use of electronic logbook which both employer and apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a week.
As a result you will receive the following qualification:
- Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths & English (if not already achieved)
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.