Welding & Machine Operative / Robotic Welder Apprentice IAE (Mossfield)
IAE are the UK’s leading manufacturer of livestock handling equipment, equestrian stabling, steel fencing and shelters. They have 2 exciting opportunities to become apprentices to work as Welders / Machine Operatives. Applicants are required to be 18 due to working a rotational shift pattern.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2021
19 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- After training, you will be able to mig weld to IAE standards
- Able to set-up equipment such as robotic weld, power tools, jigs, CNC
- Understand engineering drawings
- Able to set-up equipment
- Achieve daily production targets
- Able to work independently and as part of a team with limited supervision
- Able to manufacture a variety of IAE products
- Able to set up machinery and day to day operations
Requirements and prospects
- Able to communication with other team members
- Good organisational skills
- Good house keeping
- Able to work as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- No formal qualifications required for this position.
- Basic level of English and Numeracy skills would be beneficial
- Training can be given.
- Permanant post with IAE
- Pay increases avaliable
Things to consider
- The above positions will be rewarded with a permanent contract, progressive rates of pay, 28 days paid holidays per year plus loyalty days (up to 32 days) and the opportunity to join the company pension scheme
- Applicants are required to be 18+ due to aspects of shift work
Pay after training:
- Start rate: £7.18 p/hr + £22.82 Shift allowance + £17.50 Attendance allowance
- End of 6 month: £7.70 p/hr + £23.44 Shift allowance + £17.50 Attendance allowance
- End of 12 month: £8.21 p/hr + £26.07 Shift allowance + £17.50 Attendance allowance
On completion of the apprenticeship the apprentice will be offered a permanent position and can achieve higher rates of pay.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
F. Klucznik & Son Ltd t/a IAE, is a group of 4 companies which includes IAE Agriculture, IAE Fencing, IAE Equestrian and Centrewire Ltd.
Established by Frank Klucznik Snr. in 1969, IAE is still an independent family-owned organisation. Today with over 50 years of experience, IAE are the United Kingdom’s leading manufacturer of livestock handling equipment operating from a 37 acre purpose-built, environmentally conscious site in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.
IAE has built an unrivalled reputation for quality. Continual investment in the latest technology ensures that we remain efficient and competitive. The latest in modern laser cutting, robotic welding, folding and bending machines coupled with human expertise and innovative design keeps us at the forefront of our industry.
IAE’s business ethos of offering good value products that are built to last remains today and listening to the invaluable suggestions from our customers has helped us continue to improve our products and serve you our customer.
AXIA SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Axia Solutions Limited
Ellie Rowland 01782572777 email@example.com
Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in mathematics
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in ICT
- Essential Digital Skills
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.