Apprentice Teaching Assistant Winthorpe Primary School
Winthorpe Primary School are looking for a Teaching Assistant Apprentice to join their school. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. As a Teaching Assistant you will be required to support the class teacher.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
29 Sep 2021
19 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education.
Working primarily with children aged 4-11 the roles and responsibilities will include:
- Helping set up and arranging activities
- Helping set up the classroom
- Helping supervise the children in the classroom and playground
- Help with lesson planning
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
- Build relationship with other teachers, staff and parents
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Assist with the planning of learning activities
- Monitor pupils' responses to learning activities and accurately record achievements/progress as directed
- Making displays
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be based at the employers address most of the time. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments and any mandatory training.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills with adults and children from all different backgrounds
- Excellent timekeeping
A*-C/9-4 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
Possible permanent position on completion of apprenticeship.
About the employer
Winthorpe Primary School are dedicated to providing a high quality learning experience for their students.
‘Our Motto’- Learning together, growing together.
We want children at Winthorpe Primary School to be:
- Happy and Healthy
- Responsible and Caring
- Hardworking and Ambitious
- Respectful and Understanding
- Confident and Curious
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
- Teaching Assistant Standard Level 3
- Functional Skills if required
- End point assessment as part of the programme
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.