Lenticular Studio & Wide Format Print Apprentice Plastic Data Card Ltd
As an apprentice you will be working within the lenticular studio and wide format lenticular print production environment. Working in all aspects of the Lenticular file creation, wide format print, laminating and print finishing.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
19 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As an apprentice you will be working within the lenticular studio and wide format lenticular print production environment. Working in all aspects of the Lenticular file creation, wide format print, laminating and print finishing. Machine maintenance to ensure production output continually meets specified quality standards within the agreed timescales. A strong and proven background in computer graphics, a good knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop. A qualification from a creative or design-based course would be beneficial.
Pre-Press Design and File Creation
- Adobe photoshop, Illustrator and In design will be used
- Understanding and utilising specialist software specifically designed for Lenticular printing
- Evaluating work for its suitability for lenticular production
Wide Format Print Production
- Maintenance of Equipment as part of the agreed operator requirements all equipment and report any technical or mechanical faults immediately to supervisor
- Set up jobs and get the job sheets signed off before commencing job
- To check and maintain quality standards on all jobs by adhering to Production Guidelines
- Laminating and mounting printed work
- Hand Finishing of printed media
- Work as part of a team and be responsible for own work
- Self-supervision – should be able to complete all necessities independently, with some supervision where necessary
- In house training and support will be given
- To have a good understanding of numeracy and measurements
- To be an effective communicator orally and written
- Picking, packing boxing & processing any fulfilment orders & making sure they are completed at a high standard
- General warehouse work including cleaning work-stations daily, keeping warehouse tidy and in line with Health & Safety Regulations
- Take deliveries and assist with the despatch of work
- Read job sheets and follow instructions fully and working to set dead-lines
- Be responsible for self and other employees Health & Safety, wellbeing and to adhere and encouraging colleagues to adhere to Health & Safety Regulations at all times
- Promote the company through fair dealings with colleagues and customers alike
- To complete any other job requests were necessary
Requirements and prospects
- A strong and proven background and interest in computer graphics
- A good knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
- A qualification from a creative or design-based course would be beneficial
- A qualification from a creative or design-based course would be beneficial. Preferably a BTEC or higher qualification in creative design, Graphic design or similar
- GCSE or equivalents in English and maths C (4) or higher
We have a planned full time role for a successful applicant having completed their apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Vacancy will close early if the right candidate is found - apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please note you may be contacted via e-mail for interview.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
About the employer
Established in 1992, Plastic Data Card Ltd prides itself on being a leader within the ID, Membership and Event Card Market.
Over the years we have made substantial investments in machinery & technology to ensure we can continue providing a great service & solutions to modern information.
For thousands of customers, we proudly produce millions upon millions of cards per annum and our existing client database ranges from: Blue Chip Companies, Municipal Councils, Libraries, Print Management, Advertising & Local Businesses.
British Printing Industries Federation
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by British Printing Industries Federation
Sam Greenwell 01676 526030 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Print Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional English/Maths where required
- Off-the-Job Training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.