Commis Chef Apprentice Old Down Country Pk
Are you a Commis Chef who enjoys working with local, fresh ingredients and being part of a passionate team who take a lot of pride in their work? We can offer a diverse role working on weddings and events, producing fresh meals in the cafe/takeaway and also large-scale events. Opportunity to learn, develop and progress.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
24 Oct 2021
19 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Preparing and cooking food from scratch to be served in our Barn Café and Manor House
- Food production in the highest standard using fresh, local produce including jams and chutneys to be sold
- Working as part of a team under the supervision of a senior Chef and independently when required
- Responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the kitchen
Requirements and prospects
- Previous chef/hospitality experience desirable
- A passionate foodie with experience of a busy high-volume environment
- A self-starter with a zest for great forward-thinking food
- Presentable, punctual, professional
- A team player who isn’t afraid to get stuck in
- An individual with high standards and organisational skills
- A willingness to accommodate dietary requirements and allergies
- Level 1 Food Safety Awareness (desired, not essential)
- Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety (desired, not essential)
Permanent position for right candidate.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Situated in the South West countryside, less than half an hour from Bristol, and set in 66 acres of beautiful grounds, our Manor House has panoramic views across the River Severn to Wales and the rolling hills beyond. Old Down Estate is home to our family-friendly Country Park, with year-round activities, and our magnificently refurbished Manor House which is lavishly presented for exclusive wedding hire and fully equipped to host corporate events.
SMART TRAINING AND RECRUITMENT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Smart Training & Recruitment
Smart Training email@example.com
- Commis Chef Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.