Apprentice Engineer PNJ Engineering
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a successful candidate to enter into an apprenticeship where they will be trained in the development of exciting innervational engineering techniques. This position has great potential to grow into a very rewarding career.
Closing date: 25 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
30 Nov 2021
19 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will work with Engineers, Programmers, Planners and other Machinists to produce quality parts in a timely manner. Learning to safely manufacture parts using various tooling and machinery within tolerances defined on drawings and CAD models using high-precision machines and inspection tools. Training consisting of the ability to be quality-minded while learning the process of developing and manufacturing the products.
The key learning opportunities for the role are:
- Operating / Setting / Programming various CNC machinery / programmes
- Undertaking Milling, Turning, Grinding techniques
- Operating /setting conventional machinery
- Fabrication / Folding
- Assembly and Welding spot/ mig
- Using CAD / CAM
- Be able to use Verniers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Working within tolerance
- Quality / Inspection
- Robotic and manual profiling
- Packing parts for shipment
- Adhering to health and safety requirements
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work as part of a team as well as use own initiative
- Enjoy working hands on with manual equipment
- Enjoy working practically
- Have a high attention to detail
- Ability to visualise 2D to 3D components
- Good level of mathematics with a lean towards geometrical principles
The ideal candidate will be:
- Natural problem solver with a logical approach.
- Excellent timekeeping
- Passionate and willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Good communication skills
- Be enthusiastic about the engineering industry
You must have a minimum grade 5 or above in maths and English.
Permanent position available.
Things to consider
Please check that you are able to travel to the employer location, as well as the Academy location in Birmingham.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
PNJ Laser Cutting and Welded Fabrications can provide a vast range of high quality metal products and welded fabrications to any industry that has the need for sub-contracted components.
We offer manufacturing excellence and competitive prices to our UK and European customers and we are wholeheartedly committed to investing in new machinery for continuous growth.
Founded in 2002, PNJ has been a Tier 1 supplier to Global OEM’s such as Fiat Group, Massey Ferguson, AGCO Corporation, Cummins Inc. and JCB group. Gearmates main manufacturing and assembly process first began at our sister company PNJ Engineering Limited based in Warwickshire, England.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LEMA
Linda Hall +447896482556 firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to attend LEMA Academy for 1 day a week and occasional block weeks. During this time, you will complete your Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering on a Technical Support Technician Engineering Apprenticeship.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.