Apprentice Polisher - Engineering Operative Professional Polishing Services Ltd
You will be trained on a specific polishing line, setting machines, basic maintenance of machines and identifying any defects.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
27 Oct 2021
19 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful apprentice will be trained in the following duties:
- Working on a specific polishing line to produce the finish in line with our quality requirements
- Identify packs of material and dimensions/thickness and different grades
- Identify different polishing consumables such as abrasives belts and polishing compounds
- Set machine for specific finish required
- Learn and understand basic maintenance of machines - such as changing drive belts and sprockets
- Working in a busy factory environment with forklift truck and cranes operating
- Working to deadlines and schedules
- Identifying defects in stainless steel and other metals, what these are and how to proceed
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and verbal communications
- Ability to work independently and with other team members
- Aware of health and safety in a factory environment
- Willing to learn and commit to this apprenticeship
- GCSE grade C (4) minimum English and maths or equivalent
Full-time position upon successful completion of this apprenticeship.
Opportunity to learn how to drive a forklift truck and to take their licence for this.
Things to consider
You will be required to attend college one day per week for the duration of this 15 month apprenticeship. College is In-Comm Training Services Limited, Aldridge, Walsall WS9 8UG.
About the employer
Professional Polishing Services Ltd is the UK Market Leader in polishing stainless steel, aluminium, brass, copper and bronze. We polish sheet, plate, coil, flat bar, sections, profiles, balustrades, laser cut panels, square and rectangular tube to a variety of finishes.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
This is a 15 month, Level 2 apprenticeship. You will be required to attend college one day per week for this duration (at In-Comm Training Services Limited in Aldridge, Walsall, WS9 8UG).
You will work to achieve:
- Level 2 NVQ in Engineering Operations
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.