Apprentice Butcher Aldens Butchers
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to become a skilled craft butcher within a well established, award winning catering butchers at their premises in Oxford. This can be the first step on the road to a career in management for the right candidate.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
£260.00 - £325.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
19 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The job role will include the following duties:
- Receiving deliveries, inspecting, and storage of goods
- Cutting beef, poultry, lamb and pork - preparing wholesale orders for customer, as well as other general duties
- Preparing cuts of meat that have been ordered by customers
- Cleaning the preparation and production areas that are used to maintain a safe and hygienic working environment
- Working as part of a close team to ensure the company vision is met
Requirements and prospects
- Team player
- Excellent customer service
- Flexible approach to learning
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about fine foods and cooking
- Commitment to work hard and complete training
- Good work ethic
- Polite and professional manner
No specific qualifications are required, however good maths and English will be expected as you have to achieve Functional Skills Level 1 or GCSE or equivalents at 3/D or above.
There may be an opportunity to progress on to a full time advanced butcher apprenticeship upon successful completion of your training.
Things to consider
You will be working in a chilled environment and are expected to be active for long periods of time. The ability to handle meat is essential to this role as well as using a knife and other equipment safely.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Established in 1793, Aldens Specialist catering butchers is a family owned business which has been supplying Universities, Hotels, Pubs and Restaurants with fresh meat, game and poultry for over 215 years.
Aldens operate from a state of the art purpose premises in Oxford where we deliver up to 100 miles from Oxford through a fleet of Company owned vehicles.
Aldens team of butchers still use traditional methods of butchery which would've been used 200 years ago.
CROSBY MANAGEMENT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Crosby Management Training Ltd
Samantha Edwards 01902 837452 firstname.lastname@example.org
Full training will be provided on an on going basis by your employer and training provider. Time spent will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week. You will learn essential manual and knife skills over the course of the programme. You will also gain the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Butchery
- Level 2 Health and Safety
- Level 2 Food Safety
- Level 2 Knife Skills
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (if you haven't achieved an A*-C or equivalent)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.