Apprentice Dental Nurse White House Dental Practice
We are looking for an apprentice dental nurse to join the team at our three-surgery practice in Huntington Chester. The role will include working in the surgery and the decontamination room, cleaning and sterilising dental instruments.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Feb 2022
18 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate and according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Provide chairside assistance to the dentist and other members of the dental team, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
Requirements and prospects
- Good organisational skills
- Computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Willing to learn and ability to work as a team
- Calm and reassuring manner
- Organised excellent communication and adaptability
- Ideally GCSE in English and maths (grade C or 4, or above) otherwise you will need to complete functional skills in English and maths
- Registration with the General Dental Council (GDC), further qualifications after qualification
Things to consider
Combines on the job learning with a qualification. Must be prepared to attend evening class after working at the practice, completing assignments and studying for exams.
A course of Hepatitis B vaccinations is mandatory for dental nurses.
About the employer
We are a Dental Practice.
White House Dental Practice
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cheshire College South and West
Sean Simpson 01270 654654 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.