Commis Chef Apprentice Gara Rock Hotel Limited
Gara Rock Hotel are looking for someone who can help prepare, cook and present all dishes to the required standard as well as assisting the Chef in the daily kitchen duties.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2021
18 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
DELIVERING EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE:
- To ensure that all orders and requests are served in line with the company standards at all times ·
- Be approachable and friendly at all times to guests and maintain a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere in the Restaurant. · Ensure all food hygiene procedures are adhered to at all times ·
- Report any lost property immediately and follow correct procedure.
- Ensure all equipment and utensils are stored correctly and safely at all times.
- Maintain and check all equipment regularly and report any defects.
- Ensure equipment is handled with care to avoid breakages and wastage.
- Assist with deliveries and their correct storage.
- Report any defects or damage immediately and ensure it is correctly logged.
- Ensure all equipment and chemicals are used correctly and to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Be responsible for own development in the Workplace.
- Attend any training as and when required including Health and Safety.
CARE AND CONSIDERATION FOR OTHERS:
- Ensure good communication channels with the kitchen and with Restaurant staff FOH.
- Ensure waste is disposed of correctly at all times in line with Gara Rock standards.
- Adhere to personal appearance standards at all times.
- Help colleagues should they require assistance · Treat all colleagues with respect.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Ensure all keys are kept secure whilst on shift
- To report any suspicious behaviour
GOING THE EXTRA MILE:
- Complete any other reasonable task when requested to do so by Supervisors and Management.
- Always look for ways to go the extra mile with all of our guests.
- Show personal initiative when dealing with guests to help generate “Wow” moments during their visit.
- Be a key face and character in the Restaurant animating your department and guest experiences.
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience working within a kitchen environment
- Level 2 Food Hygiene qualification is desirable
- Positive, welcoming attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- High level of verbal English
- Flexibility to work hours as determined by the business
- Hard working
- Willingness to learn
- Can do attitude
- Great attention to detail
- Works well under pressure.
- Level 2 food safety desirable
- No formal qualifications are required for this position, but the ideal candidate would hold GCSE's/equivalent in English and maths at A-C/4-9 grades.
For the right candidate there are future employment prospects working with Gara Rock.
Things to consider
Fun working environment!
About the employer
Critically acclaimed clifftop hotel in Salcombe with panoramic coastal views. Stunning interior design, fine dining, and intimate spa. Laid Back atmosphere delivered with exceptional professionalism and knowledge. Luxury without pretension is where we pitch ourselves.
CITY COLLEGE PLYMOUTH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Plymouth
For this role, you will undertake the Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard which is delivered over an 18 month period. You will be required to attend College one day per week for your training (term time) to build the skills and knowledge towards the apprenticeship.
You will have direct training at the workplace from the Head Chef who will guide you through the day to day duties involved in the job.
Level 2 (GCSE)