Commis Chef Apprentice THE COFFEE BEAN BOWNESS LTD
Cafe Dolce Lancaster is seeking an enthusiastic young person with a can do attitude to join the kitchen team as an Apprentice Chef. It is a fantastic opportunity if you want to start a career as a professional chef.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2021
18 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be working in a friendly but busy kitchen with plenty of opportunities to try different menus and develop your skills with support from the Head Chef and other kitchen team members.
The post will be for 12 months initially and if extended the rate of pay will be reviewed.
- Assisting with all aspects of producing meals
- Involvement of drawing up menus
- Various other tasks such as serving meals or cleaning the kitchen
The job holder will be required to attend classes and to study towards NVQ level 2 and 3 in Professional Cookery.
Requirements and prospects
- Good Level of literacy and numeracy
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well within a busy team
- A basic knowledge and deep interest in cookery
- 4 GCSE’s at grades A*- D (9-3) including maths and English (or equivalent)
- Candidates who have not attended an Apprenticeship interview at LMC prior to interview must achieve at least achieve a Level 1 on the Initial Assessment to be complete prior to enrolment
- Continued job opportunity within business, learning valuable skills
About the employer
Founded in 2020, Cafe Dolce is known for beautiful surroundings, revolutionising the way people eat and enjoy food. We take pride in our ability to discover the most unique flavors from around the world and share them with the Lancaster area.
LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lancaster & Morecambe College
Mhairi MacVicar 01524 521483 firstname.lastname@example.org
Relevant training will be provided through Lancaster and Morecambe College in order to successfully complete the Commis Chef Apprenticeship programme, subject to attending an Apprenticeship Preparation Training Session here at Lancaster and Morecambe College.
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT (if applicable)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.