Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprentice NEWGATE LODGE (EMI) LIMITED
Newgate Lodge Care Home are currently looking to recruit x2 Adult Care Worker Apprentices to assist with personal care for 55 vulnerable adults. This is an excellent opportunity for someone that is looking to start their career in Adult Care. You will receive full on the job training and day to day support from our experience team of carers.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2021
18 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To work as part of the care team assisting residents with their care requirements
- To carry out frequent checks on all residents at specified intervals, following the residents care plan and company procedures
- To assist in the safer transfer of residents using the equipment provided
- To assist each resident with politeness and courtesy showing a respectful manner acknowledging their right to privacy and dignity
- To assist/encourage residents to eat snacks, meals and drinks on a regular basis
- To assist residents with accessing toilet facilities and personal hygiene needs, whilst adhering to infection control procedures and maintaining residents dignity
- To attend to any spillages including urine, faeces, vomit and blood, using appropriate cleaning products and materials
- To set up dining tables for meals, ensuring eating area is free from spillages and clean/hygienic at all times
- To report any accidents, incidents or forms of abuse in line with company procedures
- To complete records accurately, relevant and maintained with care
- To attend team and staff meetings and supervisions
- To maintain confidentiality at all times both inside and outside the home
- Protect yourself and others from infection risk by wearing PPE at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Able to multi-task
- Confident when working in fast paced and challenging environment of work
- Good communication skills
- Accuracy when completing paperwork
- Caring nature
- Keen to pursue a career in Care
- Ideally applicants will hold GCSE passes or equivalent in English and maths
- On completion of the apprenticeship you will be encouraged to apply for any full or part time opportunities we are recruiting for at the time
Things to consider
- Shifts, unsociable hours including weekends
About the employer
Newgate Lodge (EMI) is a residential care home situated close to Mansfield town centre and is within easy access of bus routes and the train station.
The home specialises in the therapeutic care needs of individuals experiencing the many facets of dementia illness and offers holistic therapy in 'The Meadows' dementia therapy unit.
Residents enjoy a homely, comfortable spacious interior in which they are encouraged to participate in a wide range of activities where personal hobbies and interests are maintained.
All of the single bedrooms have modern en-suite facilities and call alarm systems and residents are encouraged to bring their own personal possessions to create a 'homely' environment.
Experienced and qualified staff work together with residents and their families to create a 'person-centred care plan' to ensure the individual's needs are met.
INDEPENDENT TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Independent Training Services Ltd
Ella Canham 07816543029 email@example.com
Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
The apprenticeship standard consists of core knowledge, skills & behaviours. This is typically a 12-15 month apprenticeship which is delivered in partnership with the employer in the workplace.
Examples of the knowledge, skills & behaviours covered can be seen below:
Knowledge & Skills:
- The job they have to do, their main tasks and responsibilities
- The importance of having the right values and behaviours
- The importance of communication
- How to support individuals to remain safe from harm (Safeguarding)
- How to promote health and wellbeing for the individuals they support and work colleagues
- Care – is caring consistently and enough about individuals to make a positive difference to their lives
- Compassion – is delivering care and support with kindness, consideration, dignity and respect
- Courage – is doing the right thing for people and speaking up if the individual they support is at risk
- Communication – good communication is central to successful caring relationships and effective team working
Apprenticeship standards require apprentices to participate in a minimum of 20% off the job training during paid working hours, this will include time spent studying with the training provider and workplace training.
Apprenticeship standards are assessed through an end point assessment (EPA), the EPA commences once the apprentice, employer and tutor all agree that the apprentice is ready.
The apprenticeship outcome will be graded as a pass, merit or distinction.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.