Warehouse Operative Apprentice Danieli Uk Holding Limited
The post-holder will become fully conversant and competent in supporting the Supply Chain operation and process. Training will involve working alongside the staff within the different areas of the department, working under supervision.
Closing date: 05 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
28 Feb 2022
18 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To provide general customer service, office and administration support services dealing with both internal and external customers.
- To undertake general office duties, for example, answering the telephone, taking messages, filing, photocopying, handling incoming and outgoing post, etc
- To communicate with staff and visitors on a daily basis, providing support where required and working to help resolve any issues
- Assist the administrative team to arrange and administer meetings / conferences /events, including booking venues, the preparation and distribution of papers
- Under supervision produce accurate letters, minutes, reports and maintain databases etc, as required
- Under supervision develop and maintain administrative support systems, including bring forward files and manual and electronic filing systems, ensuring that systems are effective in their use and are reviewed regularly
- To assist with the ordering of supplies as appropriate
- Assist in the tasks and duties of other staff within the team during periods of staff leave/absence to ensure that an effective quality service is maintained at all times and contributing to the work of the team
- To record and securely store information relating to confidential matters and enquiries
- To undertake an annual appraisal to identify any necessary personal development required to meet the objectives of the Team, and to further develop the post-holders’ skills and role
- The post-holder will be required to undertake essential training as and when required
- Assist with tender preparation and quotations
- Issuing Purchase Order
- Arranging shipments with our couriers/transport companies
- To assist in ad-hoc accounting activities
RESPONSIBILITES OF THE POST HOLDER
To contribute to the administrative work within the team.
To gain an understanding of how the team functions by providing support as required whilst gaining knowledge and experience and by undertaking training in the following:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Business Administrator
- Functional Skill Level 2 in maths – If Applicable
- Functional Skill Level 2 in English – If Applicable
Knowledge-based off the job training will take place during the 15 months of the Apprenticeship. The Apprentice must complete 20% off the job training to be eligible for the Apprenticeship.
- It is the responsibility of each member of staff to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Staff must be aware of and adhere to the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure their own safety and the safety of colleagues and patients. Staff must be aware of the action to be taken in the event of fire and must attend fire lectures at least once a year
- Staff should be aware of their own individual responsibilities under the Equal Opportunities Policy and ensure that they adhere to the provisions of the policy
- Any other duties which may be required from time to time, as discussed and agreed with the Line Manager & Departmental Manager.
This job description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, but represents the current key areas of work. The content of this post will be reviewed in consultation with the post holder when necessary and in line with service developments
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent attention to detail is vital
- Ability to work cooperatively with other people, and suppliers
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work off own initiative
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Have excellent customer service skills
GCSEs (or equivalent) grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent qualifications) in English Language, Literature, and maths.
Excellent progression available within the company. The successful applicant will undertake more responsibilities as the Apprenticeship develops with a strong view to securing permanent employment on completion.
About the employer
Motivated by passion for innovation, driven by our core values and mission we create the path of continuous improvement and success.
The company’s motto: Innov-Action to be a step ahead in CapEx and OpEx inspire us to always put innovation into action to achieve even higher level of quality and standards in every aspect of our work from planning, designing and manufacturing to erection, commissioning and service.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Prostart
Nina Ricci 01159468182 firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will complete a Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship standard: -
- Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Standard
- Functional Skill Level 1/2 in maths
- Functional Skill Level 1/2 in English
Knowledge-based off the job training will take place during the 12 months of the Apprenticeship
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.