Apprentice Commis Chef Weetwood Hall Hotel & Conference Centre
Learn to a competent level of all areas of the kitchen, including the Restaurant menu, Conference Buffets, banqueting and Pub menu. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to undertake a Commis Chef apprenticeship.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
18 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Learn to a competent level of all areas of the kitchen, including the Restaurant menu, Conference Buffets, banqueting and Pub menu. We also cater for dietary requirements and training will be provided to help develop your knowledge and skills in this area as well as providing you with the knowledge and understanding of the various menu options, how we menu planning and how to cost dishes that are produced. We will ensure that the training provided gives you the skills required to produce the highest possible food quality in your own section.
Other duties and responsibilities of the role are outlined below. All production must be carried out in line with the appropriate food portion contract, use of recipes, Weetwood guidelines and service concepts:
- Prepare and properly garnishes food orders as they are received in accordance with recipes and proper plate presentation
- Prepares sauces, soups and hot entrees
- Sets up for lunch and dinner according to Head chef / senior chef’s instruction
- Always adheres to Weetwood Hall standards of preparation, recipes, and presentation - Sets up “mis-en-place” for own station
- Uses Chef de Partie as a resource to ensure seasoning, portions, and appearance food
- Stores unused food properly, and informs Head chef / senior chef of larger quantities of stored food
- Ensures that food from their own station is delivered on time - asks for help if needed
- Follows proper safety, hygiene, and sanitation practices
- Refers to station’s file regarding preparation, cooking and presentation specifications of all dishes produced in the section
- Confers closely with the Chef de Partie and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of the position
Requirements and prospects
- Good basic understanding of cooking
- Good understanding of food hygiene
- Communication skills
- Passionate about food and have an enthusiastic attitude
Desirable that the candidate holds maths, English grade 4 / C and above in GCSE or equivalent, however, not essential. If the candidate does not hold one or either of the qualifications then they will need to complete functional skills level 1 and 2 alongside their apprenticeship standard.
Possibility of a permanent role with the business as well as additional training to progress to the next level.
Things to consider
Location of the business - Working hours (including weekends).
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Weetwood Hall Estate is a 4* hotel and conference centre set within nine acres of beautiful woodlands and gardens and built around a 17th Century Jacobean Manor House. The Stables Pub was converted from the original stable of the Manor House in the original courtyard and is brimming with character.
We provide the very best in contemporary and unique guest experiences. Our hotel is steeped in rich history with parts of our beautiful property dating back as far as 1540. The hotel is just outside Leeds centre, a 10-minute drive from Leeds/Bradford Airport with complimentary car parking on-site.
LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Leeds City College firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commis Chef Level 2
- 18 Months practical learning and 3 months end point assessment
- Mode of delivery: Delivered in the workplace and weekly college attendance based at our Printworks, Hunslet, Leeds, LS10 1JY
At the end of your Apprenticeship training you will have achieved: Level 2 Apprenticeship - Commis Chef, subject to whether you need to complete functional skills. You will also achieve this if applicable by the end of your apprenticeship.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.