Nursery Assistant Apprentice OAKDIN MONTESSORI KINDERGARTEN LIMITED
Oakdin Montessori Kindergarten Ltd are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children.
Closing date: 01 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Feb 2022
19 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards.
- Working as part of a team
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Working with the nursery nurses on planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Keeping development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parents evenings, publicity , open weekends and children's outings
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team work
- GCSE's C/4 or above preferable (or equivalent)
- Possible Permanent Position
Things to consider
- A DBS Check will be required
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Oakdin Montessori Kindergarten opened in 1993. It provides sessional and full day care for children between the ages of 0 – 5 years old with the added benefits of being open from 7am-7pm. It is a privately owned converted bungalow, with six bright attractive classrooms arranged to cover each area of the curriculum. We enjoy a large garden and outside area which is designed to meet the needs of children, to enjoy being outside as much as they enjoy being inside.
OAKDIN MONTESSORI KINDERGARTEN LIMITED
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Sam Keeble 07495 553353 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional skills in English & maths if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.