Nursery Assistant Apprentice Hackney Care For Kids
Hackney Care For Kids are looking to recruit a Nursery Assistant Apprentice, to support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Dec 2021
19 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities. To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language
As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
- Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils
- Whole school/Centre record keeping
- Participating in meetings relating to: curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on school premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the school and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child
- To implement the Centres/Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully. To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan
- To render first aid in accordance with school policy
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting
Requirements and prospects
Good communication skills.
GCSE's C/4 in mathematics and English Language or above preferable (or equivalent).
Possible permanent position.
Things to consider
- Physically active all day. Cleaning and tiding on a daily basis
- From 1st April 2021, the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship
About the employer
Established in 1983 Hackney Care for Kids (HCK) has been with quality early years education.
Our experience has led us to specialize in teaching very young children through play and a structured programme of activities throughout the day. Nursery school is central for a child’s learning development. We always feel honoured to be one of the first places outside the home where
children make friends and begin their education.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Sam Keeble 07495 553353 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Years Educator (Childcare Level 3)
- Functional skills in English and maths if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.