Apprentice Workshop/Warehouse Assistant Surelight Ltd
An Apprentice Warehouse Assistant is required at Surelight in the Sheffield area to help with the flow of stock, inventory and other assets through the warehouse, monitoring goods in and out for quality and quantity, and maintaining inventory accounting records, while safely and efficiently handling items along with the assembly of in-house product
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
17 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Stock management & Control
- Data entry on Sage 50 and other Microsoft Packages
- Quality Control & Returns
- Making of in-house goods (This will involve soldering, using glue guns and other equipment
Requirements and prospects
- Basic electricity fundamentals- dealing with terms like current/voltage, difference between AC/DC, correct wiring of products. Though we are not installing these products, anyone working with us still requires knowledge of how they will operate once installed and being able to foresee any complications
- Ability to support and lease with the administration team
- Anticipate any problems and pro-actively solve them effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and numeric skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- 4/C equivalent or above in maths & English
- Opportunity to move in to a full time employment upon completion of apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Please note this is a space business and therefore needs someone who wants to work across the business and develop a range of skills. This requires a flexible can do attitude. In return they can offer you a fantastic learning experience and potentially long term employment in this growing business
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Surelight has been delivering outstanding lighting effects and performance since 1998. We are trusted by some of the world’s biggest brands to help them create iconic places and events.
Over the past 20 years, Surelight has become one of the UK’s trusted suppliers of LED lighting supplying indoor and outdoor lighting solutions to architects, commercial enterprises and the entertainment industry. Our LED Neon is something we have been working on and perfecting over the last 20 years. It is now a product we are incredibly proud of and looking at expanding our knowledge further. Our neon can reach length of up to 30m from one power source and comes with an IK08 rating. Check our range out here.
Another side of our business is electroluminescent panels. This are mainly used on race cars for endurance races such as Le Mans and 24 Hours Nurburgring. It can also be used for window and shop display. Check out our EL Panels here.
Our experienced and knowledgeable team is based in Sheffield and can help achieve the lighting effect you’re seeking. We’ve worked with names as diverse as Disney, Aston Martin and the Royal Opera House to achieve outstanding results.
As well as great technical advice, we’re proud that design, style and quality come as standard with all of our products.
SHEFFIELD CITY COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lifelong Learning and Skills Service
Sophie Mazzola 01142296179 Sophie.Mazzola@Sheffield.gov.uk
- Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operatve Standard to be delivered during apprenticeship
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.