Apprentice Dental Nurse Euston Place Dental Practice
We are looking for a dedicated & enthusiastic Apprentice to join our friendly team at the most established private practice in Leamington Spa. Working amongst experienced & supportive colleagues in a fully digitalised state of the art practice, you will be trained to provide a wide range of treatments including complex restorative & implant cases.
Closing date: 13 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
17 Feb 2022
17 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Provide clinical support to dentists, hygienists and patients under supervision, assist with reception or any clerical duties as required and perform such other tasks as reasonably requested by the practice management.
Some duties include:
- Assisting the dentist, hygienist or therapist by providing dental chairside support duties relevant to stage of competence under supervision of a named GDC registrant in accordance with the GDC guidance for trainee dental nurses
- Work towards a nationally recognised qualification leading to the registration with the GDC
Develop and demonstrate competence in:
- The chairside support procedures
- The manipulation and application of dental materials across a range of dental treatment procedures
- Knowledge and application of a wide range of dental instruments and equipment relevant for dental procedures
- Decontamination and preparation of treatment rooms for a range of dental procedures
- Decontamination of dental devices using appropriate practice decontamination equipment after receiving the necessary vaccinations
- Decontamination equipment maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Waste segregation and disposal in accordance with the practice policies and procedures
- Use of the practice computer and X-ray systems
- Completion of laboratory request forms and keeping records of all items sent, received and fitted
- Checking that all necessary laboratory work is returned and ready for each session
Provide patient support by:
- Liaising with reception over appointments for each patient
- Escorting patients from the waiting room to the surgery, confirming the patient’s medical history is up-to-date and communicating to the dentist [hygienist/therapist] any change in medical history or problems that he/she has noted
- Monitoring, supporting and reassuring patients
- Supporting the patient and colleagues if there is an emergency
- Providing appropriate advice to patients
- Follow all practice policies and procedures
- Establish, promote and maintain productive working relationships with all of the dental team
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Patient focussed
- Willing to work towards qualification and gain job satisfaction
- Team Player
- Highly Motivated
- Keen interest in dental nursing and a willingness to learn
- 5 x GCSE grades 9-4 (A*-C) in English and maths or equivalent qualifications
- GCSE grade 4 (C) or above in Science or equivalent qualification is preferable
Full time position offered at the completion of your qualification.
Things to consider
- The role of a dental nurse requires a lot of concentration, standing, walking and people skills.
- We are required to undertake Disclosure and Barring service (DBS) checks.
- Training is at Leamington College one day per week for one academic year
About the employer
The largest and most established private dental practice in Leamington Spa, offering the highest level patient care and cutting edge dental technology.
Enjoy working at our bespoke practice which has stood at a prestigious high street location in the centre of this beautiful town for over 100 years. Be part of an enthusiastic and supportive team providing a wide range of dental care including implants, smile make overs and orthodontics.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Warwickshire College
Emma Rogers firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Dental Nurse (standard):
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (unless GCSE grade 4/C or above or equivalent has been achieved)
- First Aid training (at college)
- End Point Assessment of synoptic exam, observation and professional discussion
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.