Kitchen Assistant Apprentice Wrygarth Ltd
This exciting new opportunity will allow you to work in an award-winning pub that is renowned for its locally sourced menu and multiple awards. You will be helping in the kitchen, working alongside the chef, to prepare high quality, hot and cold food.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
17 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Almost 150 years old, the Wrygarth Inn has gone from coach house with a blacksmith to an award-winning country pub, with a locally sourced menu and village store. This exciting new opportunity will allow you to work in an award-winning pub that is renowned for its locally sourced menu and multiple awards. You will be helping in the kitchen, working alongside the chef, to prepare high quality, hot and cold food.
No previous experience is required as full training will be provided. However, the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate that they have a keen and genuine interest in working within this type of environment. This will be a varied role and you will be trained in all areas of the establishment.
Duties will include:
- Working to food safety standards
- Food preparation
- Basic cooking duties
- Attending the carvery
- Cleaning and maintaining the kitchen
- Pot wash
- Opening and closing kitchen
- General house keeping
- Plus, any other related duties
Requirements and prospects
Although not essential, previous experience of working within a similar environment would certainly be an advantage.
This role would be ideal for those with a natural & genuine flair for cooking/baking, from a catering background, or someone who just enjoys working with food.
Although no previous experience is required, the successful applicant must possess a minimum of the following standards & skills and/or look to develop these:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service
- Sound communication skills
This is a front of house role & therefore a clean, smart, well-groomed appearance is essential.
- An enthusiastic and friendly approach to work
- Sound work ethic
- Strong team player
- Ability to follow specific instructions
- Good, positive, friendly attitude
- Organised and focused approach
- Pleasant and confident demeanour
- Polite, well mannered & courteous
- Friendly, happy & outgoing
- Not afraid of demanding, hard work
- Reasonably confident
- Must be willing to listen & learn
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English are preferred
- Please be aware that as part of the apprenticeship, we will train you up to Functional Skills Level 2 if you do not already possess maths & English grades A*-C/9-4
- A valid Food Hygiene Certificate would be an advantage but not essential
Long-term future progression for the successful candidate.
Things to consider
Please Note - Whilst you will be allowed appropriate breaks, these must be taken at a convenient time. With this in mind, you must have a flexible approach to working hours. You may be active for long periods of time & weather/working conditions may vary throughout the year. The work can, at times be very fast-paced and demanding. The successful applicant must be able to manage/cope with working in this type of environment.
Please check your travel abilities to get to Hornsea.
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered.
YH Training will pre-screen all suitable applicants, prior to any CV's getting sent to the employer. Applicants wishing to progress with their application for this role must attend a planned meeting with YH Training Services.
Please ensure you check your e-mails (including junk/spam folders) for any information coming through from YH Training. YH will also attempt to call using the number stated on your application form so please ensure that you have registered a number that works and is linked to yourself.
About the employer
Almost 150 years old, the Wrygarth Inn has gone from coach house with a blacksmith to an award-winning country pub, with a locally sourced menu and village store.
YH TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by YH TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Sophie Ness email@example.com
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills in maths and English (where required)
- Food Hygiene Technical Certificate
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.