Business Administrator Apprentice Westbourne Medical Centre
We are recruiting for a Business Administrator Apprentice to join our team at Westbourne Medical Centre. We offer excellent training and plenty of opportunities for you to expand your skillset and kick start a career in a sector that is constantly evolving, dynamic and transformational.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
14 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This is an interesting mix of administration duties and some responsibility for assisting with IT support. There is lots of variety and opportunity to develop your skills and experience, working alongside the team by:
- Supporting the Management team in various projects, liaising with the rest of the project team
- Leading small projects and reporting progress
- Updating the clinical system and making any recommendations for improvements
- IT solutions research (Practice website development)
- Data entry or checking data
- Following different processes and procedures and identifying areas for improvement
- Scanning of paperwork into the clinical system and photocopying medical records for solicitor/insurance purposes
- Set up new users to the Practice with IT hardware and software requirements
- Updating patient donor preferences
- Auditing of paper medical records
- Printing medical records, forms, paperwork etc.
- Providing first line IT support and assisting with onsite troubleshooting
- Responsive support to all staff and contractors
- Ensure all IT policies, procedures and safety measures are adhered to
- Liaising with main IT and other software support teams, building, and maintaining good relationships
You will be working in a confidential environment with due regard for data protection.
Requirements and prospects
- Organised, able to manage your workload and time effectively
- Good IT skills, competent using Microsoft Office
- Ability to work as a part of a team and with your own initiative
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience of hardware troubleshooting would be advantageous
- Very good communication skills, written and verbal
- Proactive and eager to learn
- A genuine interest and aptitude for IT and technology
- Can-do and positive attitude
- Friendly and approachable
- Confidence to speak to helpdesks over the telephone
- Patient and polite
- Reliable and always punctual
5 GCSEs at grade C/4 and above or equivalent, which must include English and maths. Candidates with A level or equivalent Level 3 qualifications and degree holders who have no previous qualification within this field are also able to apply.
Prospect of permanent position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
NOTE: If your application is successful, you must attend an initial interview with Bournemouth & Poole College before your details are put forward to this employer. This will be arranged by an invitation from The College – which may be offered by phone or email. This is not an interview for the job but is an integral part of our recruitment process.
About the employer
We are a successful 18,700 patient training practice located close to the sea in between Bournemouth and Poole. Our list of patients is steadily growing. We have a fantastic clinical team of doctors, advanced nurse practitioners, clinical pharmacist, MSK specialist, nurses, and HCAs. We pride ourselves in the exceptional level of continuity of care offered to our patients and we constantly strive to innovate and improve our services and ways of working. We score consistently highly in QOF and patient satisfaction and have been rated as good in all areas by CQC.
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bournemouth & Poole College
You will receive the majority of your training on the job and will be required to attend college on a term time day release (fortnightly) basis throughout the apprenticeship.
- Business Administrator Level 3 apprenticeship
- Functional skills English and maths Level 2 (if required)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.