Apprentice Receptionist in Whitnash Medical Centre GP Surgery Whitnash Medical Centre
There is a vacancy for an Apprentice Receptionist at the Whitnash Medical Centre. This vacancy is to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
£175.56 to £338.58
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
14 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
There is a vacancy for an Apprentice Receptionist at the Whitnash Medical Centre. This vacancy is to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health. You will need to demonstrate a positive and professional impression of yourself and the GP Practice by delivering customer service to patients and customer alike. If you want to start a rewarding career, then this job is for you.
- Managing patient requests in person, on the phone and via written communication
- Booking, amending, rescheduling and cancelling patient appointments
- Distributing prescriptions
- Action patient care follow- up arrangements as per clinicians’ instructions
- Advising patients of chargeable services and processing payments
- Providing patients with information about the Practice Services
- General housekeeping of reception and waiting areas
- Arranging transport and home visits
- Managing medical records recording patient contracts, attaching correspondence electronically and in hard copy and filing in correct order
- Maintaining and updating the practice patient database
- Ensuring confidentiality and data protection is observed at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstration of patience, empathy and problem-solving skills, when dealing with conflict
- Good interpersonal skills – Positive engagement, building relationships, questioning and listening skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Task driven
- Attention to detail
- Hard working
- Articulate and willing to work in a team
- Personal motivation
GCSE or equivalent grade C/4 or above in maths and English desired but not essential.
Having gained a years’ worth of work experience and a qualification as a Customer Service Practitioner, you would be able to work as a Receptionist in the Primary Care sector or in another similar setting.
Things to consider
Can you get there within a reasonable time and cost?
Have you got the skills and qualities to deal with patients and communicate effectively?
Please note these dates should be used as a guideline only, should the right applicant be found the vacancy may close early.
About the employer
This is a busy GP Practice serving the local community of Whitnash (6500 Patients). Providing healthcare and preventative treatments. Ensuring each patients individual needs and experience are our first consideration and at the heart of everything that we do.
Whitnash Medical Centre
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by JAG Training
Level 2 Customer service practitioner.
You will have on the job training within the organisation and have an assigned Assessor who will provide you with additional training sessions and assessments to gain the Customer Service Practitioner Qualification. You will have an eportfolio to work through and gather evidence during your role as a receptionist at Whitnash Medical Centre
The qualification will include:
- Knowing your customer
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting the regulations and legislation
- System and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer Experience
- Product and Service Knowledge
You will also be required to pass:
- Functional Skills maths Level 1/2
- Functional Skills English Level 1/2
If you have not already achieved a GSCE Grade C or equivalent in the above Functional Skills qualifications.
This qualification is assessed at the end point and is broken down into apprentice showcase, professional discussion and observation.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.