Playworker Apprentice Brighouse S O S
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated apprentice to join our thriving out of school club. If you have a genuine love of children, are hardworking, reliable and can contribute toward creating a friendly, stimulating atmosphere where children develop educationally, socially, emotionally, gain independence then this vacancy is for you.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
14 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Whilst working toward your childcare qualification you will gain an abundance of relevant work experience, develop job specific skills, and receive support from the Brighouse SOS team and college training officer. We are seeking applicants that are passionate about making a difference to lives of young children and can work effectively as part of a team.
Main roles & responsibilities will include:
- Keeping children safe by understanding the settings policies and following procedures
- Update records, in a clear, organised manner
- Ensure parents/carers are given a warm welcome on arrival at the setting
- Work under the direction of the management team in a positive and respectful manner
- Be flexible, helpful, polite, and cheerful
- Be child focussed, talking to the children whilst supporting their play and encouraging their own ideas
- Be coachable, listen to instructions, ask questions, smile and be persevere
Health and Safety:
- Set up tables for activities and promote safe play
- Cleansing of the equipment after each use
- Guide children to make healthy choices
- Escorting children to and from school safely
- Supporting children in manging their own risk during play
Childcare and education:
- Keep update with the guidelines, polices for EYFS
- To be involved in monthly staff meeting and training
- Keep records up to date
- Help set up daily activities and tidy away at the end of each session
- Assist and support all children but let allow them to be independent
- Plan and prepare age related activities for the children
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of EYFS
- Excellent written skills
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Basic administrative and IT skills
- Good level of English and maths skills
- Excellent verbal and strong communication skills
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
- Positive role model
- Positive, professional attitude
- Polite and caring
- Work well in a team
- Creative thinking
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- Motivated to take on study whilst working
- Able to perform under pressure and use own initiative
- Good awareness of personal hygiene protection of PPE
- Able to form effective bonds with colleagues and other professionals
4 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
To be discussed upon completion of this apprenticeship upon completion.
About the employer
Brighouse SOS is a non-profit charity run by a voluntary committee of parents. We are resisted Ofsted. The team of 5 dedicated staff provide safe, fun childcare for children aged 4-11 years.
Brighouse SOS is a highly popular before and after school club and holiday club within the grounds of woodhouse primary school. All activities, outing, equipment is child led with children consulted so wishes and individual needs can be met to create a nurturing environment, so all can enjoy their time with us.
Brighouse S O S
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
Madeline Oxby 01422 418 431 email@example.com
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.