Apprentice Nursery Practitioner Klever Kids Day Nursery
The position is full-time, working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday on a shift rota to cover the opening hours of the nursery. You would be greatly supported in the nursery in completing your apprenticeship alongside completing assignments in your own time.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
14 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As part of an expert team, you will be committed to nurturing every child’s individual needs, following all aspects of the Early Years Foundation Stage, helping all children to develop a range of skills and prepare for school.
Some experience of working with children would be ideal, however, not necessary, as we will provide plenty of opportunities within the nursery. If you are passionate about wanting a career in childcare, this is a great opportunity.
Day to day, you will:
- Effectively deliver the EYFS, ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- Keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- Ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories
- Advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- Be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings
- Be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled
- Read, understand and adhere to all relevant policies and procedures and the safe running of the setting
- Develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
- Keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job
- Be aware of the high profile of the setting, upholding its standards at all times, both in and out of work
- Support nursery assistants, students and volunteers
- Ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Undertake and lead on additional responsibilities such as SENCO, training co-ordinator, safeguarding officer etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Good time management
- Works well under pressure
- Genuine desire to work in the sector
- Enthusiastic approach
- GCSE – English and maths (Grade C/4 or above or equivalent)
As with any apprenticeship opportunity, if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team, there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
About the employer
Klever Kids Day Nursery is a Private Day Nursey located on Aspley Lane, Nottingham.
We are a very busy day nursery caring for children from birth to 11 years old and are looking for individuals who what to pursue a career in childcare to join our team. We have apprenticeship positions available within 2 of our nursery rooms, our baby room 0-2s and our Tweenie room 2-3s.
We believe we play a vital part of a child's development, from cognitive awareness of the world around them, through to all the social skills they need for starting school.
CT SKILLS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by CT Skills
Lesley Bell Lesley.email@example.com
- NVQ Level 2 Childcare Practitioner
- Functional Skills Level 2 maths and/or English (as required)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.