Accounts Apprentice Guryel & Co Limited
The apprentice will assist with payroll process, credit control, call handling and assist accountants with bookkeeping, tax related queries. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2021
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
15 Oct 2021
14 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Apprentice will assist with:
- Using cloud, excel spreadsheets and accounting systems to maintain accurate records for a portfolio of clients
- Communicating with clients
- Performing bank reconciliations, processing receipts and payments
- Preparing VAT returns for a portfolio of clients prior to review
- Preparing suggested payment run files for client approval
- Preparing payroll, VAT returns and bookkeeping (recording of financial transactions) for clients
- Assisting with the preparation of management accounts
- Ad-hoc support for accountant as required
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills
- Customer service skills
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Team player
- GCSE maths & English or equivalent
- Progression to the level 3 or 4 AAT
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are a firm of chartered accountants, auditors and tax advisors. We offer the personal service that one can only receive from a local accountant.
We were formed in 2007 by Seval Guryel and since then our client base has rapidly grown purely on our reputation to provide an excellent and personal service to our clients.
The world is changing fast, both in private and business life. There are more developments, opportunities and threats than ever before. Busy business owners need to concentrate their time and effort to run and grow their business and have limited time to also prepare their accounts and do the day-to-day book-keeping required. They need personal services and clear advice from their professional financial advisors and we hope to bridge that gap by understanding your needs and tailoring a service which meets your personal requirements.
At Guryel & Co the requirement to respond quickly and accurately with a thorough knowledge of our clients position and objectives is the cornerstone of our philosophy. We believe that accountants can only give good advice if they have a sound commercial understanding as well as the technical expertise. Our aim is to make a creative contribution to our clients. Whether they are small businesses, corporations or private individuals, we have found that this approach can really make a difference.
EAST SURREY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Surrey College
Anthony Ogunyomi 07771 540 647 firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounts / Finance Assistant Level 2 or 3 Apprenticeship Standard (dependant on prior experience):
- Training will be to the end point assessment
- Functional skills where needed
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.