Maintenance Apprentice LVS SMALL PLASTIC PARTS LTD
Three apprentices required to assist with Maintenance/Toolroom work surrounding injection moulding machines and tools, equipment and plant.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2021
14 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Three Maintenance Apprentices required to assist with Maintenance and Toolroom work at our company.
Duties will include:
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager
- Assisting with Preventative Maintenance
- Attending to breakdown of machines
- Maintenance of other equipment on site
- Maintenance of the plant
- Toolroom duties
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience is not essential but the candidate must have an interest/studies in engineering
- Able to work independently as well as with other team members
- Good written and verbal communications
- Good level of maths skills
- Motivated and driven to succeed and complete the apprenticeship training
- High discipline levels are expected
GCSE grades A*-C/9-5 in English, maths and Science or equivlent - as a minimum.
Job progression and long term security for the right people. The end goal is to have skilled toolmakers and maintenance engineers onsite, with a good understanding of the business, internal and external training will be provided as they progress.
Things to consider
Training will include attending college (Marches Centre of Manufacturing and Technology, in Bridgnorth) on a part time basis for the first 12 months. After this you will attend college one day per week for the remainder of the apprenticeship. It is anticipated that the college will be relocating to the Telford area by end of 2021.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
A UK plastic manufacturer, based in Telford in the Midlands, we specialise in providing complex plastic injection moulded thermoplastic components. The company’s commitment to quality, innovation, and speed-to-market is why market leaders across the U.K. and Europe trust LVS to deliver their most challenging new products.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by IN-COMM TRAINING ACADEMY SHROPSHIRE LIMITED
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones 01922 457686
Engineering Technician Level 3
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) - Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
This is a four year engineering apprenticeship and will require the successful candidate to attend The Marches Centre for Manufacturing and Technology, in Bridgnorth, one week on / one week off for the first 18 months. After this you will attend In-Comm 1 day per week for the remainder of the training.
Training will include the following:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Conducting business improvement techniques (covered in induction)
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Assembling and testing fluid power systems
- Maintaining electrical equipment systems
- Wiring and testing electrical equipment circuits
- Preparing and using milling machines
- Preparing and using lathes for turning operations
- Using computer software packages to assist with engineering activities
- Producing cad models (drawings) using a cad system
- General welding applications
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.