Level 4 Technical Apprentice – Manufacturing Engineer Ransomes Jacobsen Limited
As a Manufacturing Engineering Apprentice you will gain valuable insight into the day to day running in the department while supplementing your theoretical knowledge. You will be working closely with the other members of the Engineering departments, providing support to the wider team. You will play an integral role in executing projects.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
25 May 2021
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Engineering Manufacturing Technician Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute.
The company are continuing to develop their apprenticeship programme and are looking to recruit Technical Apprentices for our Manufacturing facilities at Ipswich. The role will include the following:
- Master various manufacturing and assembly processes
- Meeting expectations of immediate customers to meet company’s quality and productivity targets
- Communicate well and effectively with shop floor associates and upper management alike
- Review and understand the basic processes required to assemble the current products and create standard work documentation
- Understand and suggest improvement ideas on current processes to help Jacobsen meet its quality and productivity targets.
- Provide innovative solutions to process issues identified by the operators and supervisors
- Assist in applying knowledge to analyse, investigate and resolve non-routine problems
- Provide facilities, tools and gauges in line with project timing plans to ensure phase gate readiness
- Continually assess new technologies for integration into operations to maintain competitive advantage
- Provide hands on support to the Production Team during phase gate sign off to ensure processes meet output targets
- Other duties as assigned by management
Requirements and prospects
- Good Literacy and Numeracy
- Able to demonstrate practical skills
- Logical thinker and the ability to identify and solve problems
- Must be well motivated, capable of working a an individual or team member
- Considers time and attendance important
- Conscientious and considerate of others needs
- 2 A Levels or more (must include Maths and a Science related subject) OR Engineering related L3 Diploma (90 credits or more) eg. BTEC, City & Guilds or EAL
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments and interview with the relevant department
Students will be expected to complete a 30 months course achieving an HNC or equivalent qualification in a mechanical or electrical engineering qualification. Successful completion of the course / qualification could lead to a permanent role within the Manufacturing Engineering department.
Things to consider
Each day has a set lunch break of 30 minutes from 12:00 noon to 12:30pm, and a 10 minute break each day at 10:00am – working a 39 average hr week, 78 hours over the two weeks.
- You will be required to attend Colchester Institute 1 day per week for the first 24 months of the Apprenticeship
- A monthly allowance is paid alongside salary for training/travel
- There is no working away, and the shift is detailed above
- Full laundered work wear service plus tee shirts and sweatshirts provided free of charge
- All PPE provided including safety footwear
- Colchester Institute – Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer
About the employer
Ransomes is part of the Textron Group which includes Bell Helicopter and Cessna among many others. Ransomes has a long history of manufacturing mowers and turf maintenance equipment which are used across the globe. From parks and sports grounds to highways and fine lawns, the Ransomes extensive range has a machine for every environment. The site in Ipswich focus on designing, manufacturing, building and testing a number of different machines.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206712043 email@example.com
All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
Candidates will undertake the Engineering Manufacturing Technician Level 4 apprenticeship standard and work towards a Higher National Certificate in Engineering or Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Manufacturing Operations.
Engineering manufacturing technician
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.