Metal Fabricator Apprentice Ransomes Jacobsen Limited
During their training the Apprentices they will be taught the fundamentals of fabrication both practical and academic.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
25 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Metal Fabricator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute.
The company is continuing to develop their apprenticeship programme and are looking to recruit apprentices within the Fabrication Dept to work closely and develop skills within the Press Shop.
The role will include the following:
- Marking out and measuring: Transfer complex dimensions to sheet steel using hand tools and measuring equipment
- Laser Cutting: Operate the CNC laser to produce complex shapes in sheet metal through laser cutting
- Sheet Metal Bending: Operate the CNC Press Brake to produce complex shapes in sheet metal by bending and pressing
- Tube Bending: Operate the CNC Tube Bender to produce complex shapes in tube steel
- The apprentice will also receive EH&S training covering their role
Requirements and prospects
- Good Literacy and Numeracy
- Able to demonstrate practical skills
- Logical thinker and the ability to identify and solve problems
- Must be well motivated, capable of working as an individual or team member
- Considers time and attendance important
- Conscientious and considerate of others needs
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s grades 9-4 (A*-C) including English, Maths & Science
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments and interview with the relevant department
Students will be expected to complete a minimum of three to five years training achieving Level 3 qualification. Successful completion of the course / qualification could lead to a permanent role working within the Fabrication Dept.
Things to consider
Each day has a set lunch break of 30 minutes from 12:00 noon to 12:30pm, and a 10 minute break each day at 10:00am – working a 39 average hr week, 78 hours over the two weeks.
- You will be required to attend Colchester Institute as and when requested and to follow on-line tuition as required.
- A monthly allowance is paid alongside salary for training/travel.
- There is no working away, and the shift is detailed above.
- Full laundered work wear service plus tee shirts and sweatshirts provided free of charge.
- All PPE provided including safety footwear.
- Colchester Institute – Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date.
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer.
About the employer
Ransomes is part of the Textron Group which includes Bell Helicopter and Cessna among many others. Ransomes has a long history of manufacturing mowers and turf maintenance equipment which are used across the globe. From parks and sports grounds to highways and fine lawns, the Ransomes extensive range has a machine for every environment. The site in Ipswich focus on designing, manufacturing, building and testing a number of different machines.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206 712043 email@example.com
All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
Candidates will undertake the Metal Fabricator Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.