Business Admin Apprentice - Customer Care Ransomes Jacobsen Limited
We are recruiting an apprentice who will provide exposure to the tactical operations and functions of the business environment which will support the academic learning needs of the successful candidate. Areas of exposure include, but are not limited to: order management, inventory management, logistic management, sales management and compliance.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2021
25 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute.
The company are continuing to develop their apprenticeship programme and are looking to recruit Business Admin Apprentices for their facilities at Ipswich. The roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the needs of our customers
- To gain an understanding of the operating functions of the sales office to support the apprentice's educational and future career goals
- Be conversant with business operating platforms, e.g. Oracle, CRM, Qlik-view
- Tasks will be varied and will fluctuate upon customer and seasonal demand
- Provide order management and direct customer support, i.e. stock availability, price queries, order processing
- Be responsible for management of regulatory import data (Nova)
- Manage the V55 form pre-completion process and maintain appropriate database
- Support role up and analysis of trade body information as required
- Undertake when required specific projects to improve sales office performance and customer service
Requirements and prospects
- Good Literacy and Numeracy.
- Able to demonstrate practical skills.
- Logical thinker and the ability to identify and solve problems.
- Must be well motivated, capable of working as an individual or team member.
- Considers time and attendance important.
- Conscientious and considerate of others needs.
- IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft office is essential.
- High attention to detail skills are required.
- You should be flexible with working hours during periods of high demand.
- You should be an approachable individual, with a strong work ethic.
- 5 GCSE’s Grades 9-4 (A*-C) including Maths and English.
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments.
- Students will be expected to complete a minimum of 18 months – 2 years training achieving Level 3 qualification. Successful completion of the course/qualification could lead to a permanent role within the company.
Things to consider
- You will be required to attend Colchester Institute as and when requested and to follow on-line tuition as required.
- There is no working away, and the shift is detailed above.
- Colchester Institute – Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date.
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer.
About the employer
Ransomes is part of the Textron Group which includes Bell Helicopter and Cessna among many others. Ransomes has a long history of manufacturing mowers and turf maintenance equipment which are used across the globe. From parks and sports grounds to highways and fine lawns, the Ransomes extensive range has a machine for every environment. The site in Ipswich focus on designing, manufacturing, building and testing a number of different machines.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206 712043 firstname.lastname@example.org
All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
Candidates will undertake the Business Administrator Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.