Hair Professional Apprentice HAIR BY HANNAH LIMITED
Hair by Hannah are looking to recruit a new apprentice for their well-established salon brand in Northamptonshire.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
13 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Hairdressers will be able to shampoo and condition hair, cut hair using a range of techniques, style and finish hair to create variety of looks and colour and lighten hair for ladies
- Hairdressers must be able to work with all hair types ranging from straight hair to very curly, wiry hair
- They also need to be able to carry out consultations with clients, demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills and safe working practices associated with their role and be able to work without supervision to a high level of precision, with exceptional client care skills
Requirements and prospects
Behaviours and communication:
- Greet clients in a friendly manner, choose the most appropriate way of communicating with clients
- Be helpful and courteous at all times
- Adapt behaviours in response to each client
- Respond promptly to clients seeking assistance
- Establish client expectations and needs
- Explain clearly any reasons why the client’s needs or expectations cannot be met
- Willingly undertake wider salon duties, including reception duties where appropriate
Safe working practices:
- Maintain effective, hygienic and safe working methods
- Adhere to workplace, suppliers’ or manufacturers’ instructions for the safe use of equipment, materials and products
- Meet legal and organisational requirements
- Maintain the client’s modesty, privacy and comfort
- Minimise risks of cross-infection, injury or fatigue; promote environmental and sustainable working practices
- Ensure personal hygiene and protection meets industry, organisational and local authority requirements
- Correctly use Personal Protective Equipment
- Creatively assess the client’s requirements
- Examine the hair, skin and scalp
- Facial characteristics including face shape, skin tone, hair colour, lifestyle and suitability, conduct visual checks and any necessary tests on the hair, skin and scalp
- Advise clients on services or products
- Identify the client’s hair characteristics and hair classification; advise clients on hair maintenance and management
- You must demonstrate professionalism and a passion for the industry
- Have a commitment to quality, a positive attitude and team working
- Work under pressure
- Observe time management and self-management
- Show a willingness to learn
- Complete services in a commercially viable time and to a high standard
- Meet organisational and industry standards of appearance
- Observe professional ethics
You must have achieved GCSE or equivalent level 3/D in maths and English Language.
Once you have achieved your Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard, there is always the opportunity of progressing onto an Advanced level apprenticeship in Hairdressing or in development the Senior Hair Professional Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This role will involve being on your feet for the majority of your working day. Due to the nature of the business you will be required to work Saturdays, you may also be required to work some late evenings within your working week.
About the employer
Local, friendly and on-trend hairdressing salon in Northampton offering the latest ladies and gents cut, colours, weekly blow-dries and party hair.
We are COVID safe:
Salon screens, temperature checks and face masks to be worn at all times.
ASTON RECRUITMENT & TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aston Recruitment & Training Ltd
Courtney Bishop 01604230371 Courtney.Bishop@aston-training.co.uk
One day per week at Aston's Academy in central Northampton, working towards:
- The Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills at Level 1/2 if applicable
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.