Apprentice Childcare Practitioner Cherubs Kindergarten
To work with Children from 3 months to five years. The Childcare Apprentice will undertake a broad and varied range of activities working under supervision. To include setting up planned activities, helping children at mealtimes, personal care routines, assessing health and safety in the setting for the children and general tidying.
Closing date: 04 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
05 Jun 2022
13 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Cherubs Child Care is passionate about providing quality Early Years Education and the highest standards in care and safety.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Childcare Apprentice who loves children and wishes to develop a career in early years’ childcare.
- Contribute to a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in the nursery under supervision
- Develop and maintain good relationships and professional communication with parents/carers and give support to other team members throughout the nursery
- Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop
- Promote the high profile and reputation of the business at all times
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of the children in your care in conjunction with other team members
- Under supervision, keep records of children’s development and learning journeys
- Engage in good team working
- Liaise professionally with and support parents and other family members
- Attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents’ evenings, fundraising events etc.
- Be flexible within working practices of the nursery and be prepared to help where needed
- Carry out personal care and hygiene routine of babies and children including the changing of nappies and toileting
- Undertake domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleaning and tidying of nursery equipment and facilities
A complete job description will be given at interview.
Requirements and prospects
- Good language and conversational skills
- Team working skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be literate
- Organised and prompt
- Excellent personal presentation and hygiene
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
If the Apprentice can demonstrate skills knowledge and behaviours at Level 2 then a Level 3 will be offered in the first instance
After completion of Level 2, the candidate will be supported to achieve the full Level 3 qualification, if applicable and become a Key Person responsible for a group of children.
Once the successful candidate has completed their childcare qualifications, there will be the opportunity for internal progression within the nursery.
Things to consider
Shifts may vary up to 10 hours per day and may involve occasional early morning starts. 16 - 18-year olds will work no longer than 8 hours per day.
About the employer
Cherubs Child Care is passionate about providing quality Early Years Education and the highest standards in care and safety. We strive for excellence, to enhance the social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of every child on a daily basis.
We ensure that all individual needs are met within a caring and safe environment, both indoors and out.
AIRE VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aire Vocational Training Ltd
Lynne Green firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills if required
- Apprentices must successfully pass the end point assessment which involves:
- Professional discussion underpinned by portfolio with the following grades - Pass and Distinction
- Knowledge test
This will be completed by Aire Vocational Training LTD.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.