Quality Assurance Apprentice Parafix Holdings Limited
Promoting safety, quality, cost, delivery, people and morale. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Sep 2021
13 May 2021
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
As a quality control technician, you will perform quality control checks on company products across all three sites to ensure they meet required health and safety and quality standards.
To ensure success as a quality control technician, you should have a strong working knowledge of mathematical concepts, excellent visual awareness and attention to detail, and the ability to work with minimal supervision and communicate across multi department teams at various levels, both internally and externally.
Key Aspects: The quality control technician role is critical to the success of the company and will drive results through positive reinforcement.
You will continually seek to improve yourself and your processes to ensure we are able to operate effectively and efficiently with good time management and organisational skills.
- Promoting SAFETY, QUALITY, COST, DELIVERY, PEOPLE and MORALE
- ISO 13485:2016, ISO 9001:2015 and Parafix QMS awareness
- Carry out inspection on Materials, Components and Products as well as data in support of the onsite manufacturing and QC/QA functions
- Use of quality tools (equipment/instruments) OGP Smart scope, Micrometer, Vernier, Tensile testing etc.
- Responsible for First-Off and Last Off inspection compliance of product against customer specification
- The recording of quality issues both internal and external
- QC Product Release inspection and document packs, including generating CofCs.
- Generating Inspection Reports
- Demonstrating and driving GMP/GDP at all times and ensuring compliance through observation and review
- The successful candidate will be involved in various audits as and when required
- You will need to identify out of specification as well as atypical results and trends
- The successful candidate will always seek best practice process and should share this to all relevant stakeholders
- Reporting quality anomalies to team leaders
- Identifying areas for improvement
- Adherence to H&S, Quality and Regulatory requirements
- To be always audit ready
- Any other task given to you by relevant stakeholder in order for you to be able to perform your role
- Ability to adopt a ‘CAN DO’ approach on a daily basis
- A strong communicator and influencer
- Ability to act quickly and decisively with an appreciation of the wider impacts of decision making
Requirements and prospects
- Problem solving, action oriented, driving results
- Time management skills
- Listening skills
- Interpersonal skills
- A can-do attitude and willing to learn
- Managing and measuring work
- Planning workload
- Priority setting
- Timely decision making
- Personal development
- Integrity and trust
- Standing alone
5 GCSE’s or equivalent at 9-4/A*- C, including GCSE maths and English or equivalent.
To become a Quality Control Technician if a vacancy is available.
About the employer
Parafix is a long-established converter and distributor of self-adhesive tapes, foams, films, foils and other flexible materials. Our core business is converting these materials into bespoke components and every year we produce over 350 million die-cuts. We offer a unique combination of long developed capabilities, the latest in converting technology and close partnerships with world leading adhesive material manufacturers.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Mbkb Ltd
Nicki Bevan 07494 596865 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 4 - Quality Practitioner
- Functional Skills if required
A 100% tailored training and assessment program will be delivered to support you throughout your Apprenticeship, topics covered include:
- Quality Planning - planning a delivery system for reliable outputs, such as implementing Quality Management Plans or developing a Quality Management System
- Quality Assurance - a process approach, providing confidence to stakeholders that Quality standards are maintained, from identifying goals and success factor to monitoring results including customer feedback
- Quality Control - verifying a product or service is meeting agreed specifications, such as carrying out inspections to isolate customers from quality failures
- Continuous Improvement - preventing recurrence of poor quality through analysis to address the root cause of poor quality and seeking to improve the benchmark quality of processes, products and services
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.