Apprentice Commis Chef GINGER BEAR CATERING LTD
Exciting opportunity for an aspiring chef to learn core skills in warm friendly and supportive environment. We are looking for a hungry enthusiastic team member who can share in our vision of delivering the very best food in the country, in a relaxed environment that's full of character.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
13 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Mise en plas
- Baking of in-house cakes & pastry
- Light meals food preparation
- Any task head Chef requires support in for meal service
- Light Pot wash duties and kitchen cleaning
- Barista and front of house service
Requirements and prospects
- Basic knife skills
- Basic Food Hygiene understanding
- Basic understanding of customer service
- Reliable with good time-keeping
- Smart, clean appearance
- Conscientious and hard-working
- Passionate about the role
- Love of wildlife and sustainability
- Have integrity
- GCSE Grade 4/C or above in maths and English or equivalent
- Any food qualifications would be advantageous
Excellent prospects for the right candidate depending on attitude and performance during the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Transport to centre could prove a challenge as limited public transport so please bear that in mind when applying.
Job requires person to be on their feet in a tight working environment.
Working around potentially dangerous equipment i.e. Knives, Fryers, Ovens.
Please note that you get discounted food when working, annual membership to the Warwickshire Widllife Trust and also receive shared tips with other staff.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Trading since 16th March 2021, we specialise in quality onsite cooked food, Vegan, Gluten free, Bakery and Light meals. Café looks to expand to Bistro and event evenings Autumn 2021. Family business. Head Chef has 7 years experience working at 4 Rosette AA Fine Dining in Boutique Hotels.
The Badger’s Kitchen specialises in light meals for centre visitors, home made cakes, patisserie and vegan friendly food. Both the Head Chef and Head Barista will provide support and have a wealth of experience working with apprentices.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Henley College Coventry
Sharon Barker 02476 791742 email@example.com
- NVQ Level 2 Commis Chef
- Technical Certificate
- Functional skills in maths and English
- Employment rights and responsibilities
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.